CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

It's coming around


Signs keep pointing that Daisuke is the real deal as he went 3 scoreless innings today in a Red Sox win. The fact a minor league ballpark prevented a run from scoring is not doing anything to harsh my mellow. The gun from the land of the rising sun looks like he is legit.
After snagging a line drive back to the mound, Dice-K turned and bowed to his short stop. I can't imagine how hilarious this will be come June when he and Manny are alternately bowing/double finger pointing at each other after Manny makes some out of his rear catch in LF in a key game.
In his last start, Josh Beckett looked like, well, Josh Beckett. Sox fans not familiar with him before last year are in for a pleasant surprise: this kid is gonna be an ace for another 10 years. Fastball, change, curve, and a serious case of the marbles, he will be out to show that last year was just the getting used to a new league syndrome. 20 wins is NOT out of the question. If you want a feel good story, Jon Lester pitched an inning yesterday. Yeah, it was an inning: you get cancer and see how well you do. Keep it up Jon: you got a lot of people pulling for you.
Finally, a big shout out goes to my sister Sonya and her husband Scott: 25 years ago, Scotty found the good fortune to marry my sister, and join our certifiable family. They have raised 4 great kids, been an example to me on how to be married and be a parent, and have made me laugh until I cried.
Congratulations you two. Here's to 25 more.

22 comments:

Tex said...

I'm back in the saddle again...Ted. Back in the Lone Star State with a bit of a sore throat. Spring Training is great and provides opportunity for the pitchers to try new pitches, minor leaguers to play...but most of all a chance to see the players up close and personal.
I'll come down off my high about November

Ted D said...

Tex, glad you made it home safe, and I'm sure you have plenty of tales to tell. I need your myspace address so I can see the pictures I'm sure you'll put up! Who signed your cast?

Tex said...

only got Schilling to sign the cast. I am now in full force of being sick with fever and all. Picks will come from kelly and SotB...sooon

Tex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

Hey little brother, can't you congratulate Sonya and Scott without dragging the fact that our family is certifiable into it? :)

Good for Jon Lester. Sounds like a strong young man.

Ted D said...

You are so sick you are seeing double I guess. Hate to hear that, and hope you get better.

Drink chicken broth or something like that. Pretty sweet you got Schill to sign your cast though.

Ted D said...

Stacy,

'Fraid not. Because we are certifiable, so of us more than others.

Tex said...

oh yeah Happy Anniversary Scott and you're lucky you got into such a fun family!!

Ted...I am happy with Schill's!! I got David Murphy a texas player to sign my flag...
I hope to feel better soon...still slight fever.

Ted D said...

Did Timlin or Beckett sign it? I'm jealous you got to go. Are the prices on everything out of sight? Cause with 5 of us, even with having a free place to stay, It'll be tough to swing if they jack the cost up on everything.

Tex said...

if your room and board are free...thats the main cost. You can get berm seats or bleachers too. Dont eat out except at the park. share drinks...
google spring training red sox or look at their website for costs. a friend got our tickets...about $20 but we sat in the good seats

Ted D said...

I'm gonna do that before next year and look into it more. Gotta work around some furniture market dates but it should be doable. Kids would have a blast.

KAYLEE said...

For some reason I have a feeling all my Beckett Bashing is gunna come back to haunt me sometime this season!

KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tex said...

kaylee dont bash my Texas boys!! :)

Beckett's Back!!!

Ted D said...

Kaylee, I'm telling you: he is gonna have a MONSTER year. And I won't pick on you too bad when he does, promise.

KAYLEE said...

haha okay.Quite honestly I hope all us beckett haters(or would that just be me)are just motivating him to do well this season!:)

Ted D said...

No, Kaylee, you are not the only one. A lot of people thought Beckett underperformed last year, I'm just not one of them.

KAYLEE said...

I dont think He pitched horribly last year!i just think his days in the NL were better!

Ted D said...

Kaylee, the difference in the NL and the AL is big for pitchers. No DH in the NL, and generally the lower half of the lineup is tougher in the AL. Career highs last year in wins and innings pitched, and no trip to the DL.

He's gonna be fine.

KAYLEE said...

//and no trip to the DL.//

Well he can say more then most of our players last year could say about that.Okay I will refrain myself from commenting now:)

Ted D said...

Kaylee,

The fact he was one of the only ones healthy probably contributed to some of his struggles. He knew he needed to step it up when the team started looking like a M.A.S.H. unit.

And you're comments are always welcome here. I appreciate you stopping by so much.

KAYLEE said...

In that case maybe I wont be quiet!