CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

"Um yeah...We've got a problem"


Today in North Carolina it was a picture perfect Sunday: Carolina blue sky, low 80's temps, and the Sox were playing the Marlins on NESN. So where was I? Stuck in some windowless building, listening to a bunch of knobs go on and on and on and on about the furniture business, buyers and consumers, finishes and styles, and how they need to figure out "new ways to drive my business."


I wanted to take one of Papi's bats and make a Popsicle out of 'em. I enjoy my job usually: drive around, listen to XM radio, and go see your friends all day. The fact you actually make money by selling them product is the main thing, but put it this way: an 8th grade dropout who can drive a car and lay on the fertilizer could do it. Brain surgery it's not.


Market is another animal. Boring, stuck in one place, you leave before the kids get up and get home just in time to put them to bed. Plus you are stuck in a showroom with guys you normally would'nt walk across the street to throw a cup of water on if they were on fire. Positives to the job? I don't punch a clock, I don't have to get to work at x time and leave at y: Ciera has a dance recital, I can knock off early. Don't make any money when I do that, but I still can if I want. It gives me a lot of time with my kids, and no weekend work except during market, so it's really a good job.


Even market time has it's plusses: mainly, I realize I never want a 8-5 job in my life if I can help it.


However, if you read about a short man with a goatee chasing some bald headed guy in a 3 piece suit down the street in High Point, NC while screaming "I TOLD you to stop talking about margins, profit, and tariffs you stupid, stupid little man!" you'll know it was me.


A week from today, it's over. A week from tomorrow, honest to God real baseball.


I hope I can make it.

24 comments:

Ted D said...

First comment and my last for tonight: I'm a sick, sad individual because I taped the ST game today and even though I know who won, I'm getting ready to go watch it. I heard Beckett looked good (SEE Kaylee?) and Manny and Papi drove in some runs.

Good night everybody, and Tex, have a safe trip tomorrow.

Tex said...

Ted just to say Age IS just a number...if you're a woman :)

Beckett WILL Be Good!!!

see you later Ted!

KAYLEE said...

Okay TED RUB IT IN MY FACE WHY DONT YOU I WILL NEVER LIVE THAT ONE DOWN will I?I must admit he did pitch good today!

Tree Newt said...

Gang, my brother has an illness. He's watching a SPRING TRAINING game that he already knows the outcome of!!!! Please, send help immediately!!!

Teddy, the post was CLASSIC!! Can I help when you're chasing you-know-who down the street? PUUHHLEEESE!!!

Tree-Squirrel is outee for the night.

KAYLEE said...

Okay Squirrel good night just lay off the acorns:)

KAYLEE said...

TED I DO THE SAME THING when I am at school:)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Stick a fork in Ted he is done! Watching St after the fact. Please tell me you got a tivo and will at least fastforward thru most of it.

KAYLEE said...

I am never gunna get my homework done when the real games start its hard enough now!and scott do me a favor and dont cut me anymore slack!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Its springbreak, what are you a freaking honors student!!!!

KAYLEE said...

Scott:YES!!!!!!!!!!I am actually!!!!!and you though I wasnt smart!

Ted D said...

OK I lied a little. The Tivo is in our room and Ang ran me off, so I'm still up. 12-6 Sox, and the main reason I wanted to watch is Beckett pitched today, and pitched well I might add: 1 run allowed.

And yes, Scott, I watched a 9 inning game in around an hour, so don't worry to much. Tivo is a wonderful thing.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Ted, tell GDaddy longlegs to hook up a webcam to his wango tango. So we can have a live conference call. I want a pic of you strangling him and obi one canobe.

Christine E. said...

Hey Ted:

I know how your feel--I am not sure I am going to make it another 7 days until Opening Day....LOL

I could never get into watching a game I taped after it happened--once I know the score, I can't get into it...Of course, if something really interesting happened, I coudl watch that part--but not the whole game--well, maybe if it was a 25-2 drubbing of the Yanks...;-)


Hope you are well...:-)

Go Sox!

KAYLEE said...

I hate when he pitches well dang it I wrote about my trip by the way:)

KAYLEE said...

That was not a good game today:)

Ted D said...

Hi Christine: yep, one week. If I've gone this far, I guess I can do another week.

Thanks for commenting: I'm good, just tired. Hope you are well also.

Ted

KAYLEE said...

You gotta switch that beckett picture hes haunting me!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Ted, is that you? You are sounding like seed pod, what happen did you guys shake to many hands today. Not a pretty picture today, the mo runs part. Going to have to work tomorow setting things up.

KAYLEE said...

Scott You act like workings bad.

Ted D said...

Scotty, be honest with you, I have not even checked to see what happened today. I'm getting ready to. No, I'm tired because Oat Bran and Keith had customers in late and we did not get home until 7:40, plus we got to stay for some stupid dinner tomorrow night. You know me man, I actually have to work for 3 weeks out of the year and it drives me nuts.

Tree Newt said...

So I'm Seed Pod now, eh? Where do you boys get this stuff? YOU'RE tired?!! I'm the one who was writing all the business today. Boy, as small as you are, you'd think it'd be easier to carry you.

Ted D said...

I'm more into the marathon Matty, not just the sprint. You do good in short bursts, while I'm built more for the long haul!

Great job today Raisin Bran: I've taught you well. 'Bout time you started reaping the benifits of my teachings!

Where did Gramps go? Must have an early day tomorrow.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

You boys wear me out! Kaleigh is given me a new do a little color for spring! Just a little highlites. I figured you boys were chugin geritol and going to bed. Well I will hang out a bit and see if you are around

Ted D said...

Highlights? Can you be more in a mid life crisis than you are now?

PS, I just posted a new one. Lets go there and let Matty dive bomb us here, so we can come back on him and tell him what a sniper he really is.