CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Day


*Picture from yahoosports.com*

7:16 a.m. Pretends to be asleep when Rakes wakes up, causing Angie to get out of bed to get him.

7:43 a.m. KEEPS pretending to be asleep when Trot wakes up, once again causing Ang to go upstairs and get the boy.

8:12 a.m. Finally gets up when Ciera does because Rakes has soccer practice at 9:00a.m.

9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Takes Rakes to soccer practice. Laughs nonstop the whole time at ten 3 year olds practicing kicking. Reminds self that at this age there is no goalie, and laughs some more. I also took Rakes to play on the playground for 20 minutes after practice, since I'm a sucker for a 3 year old asking if "me tould do play on dat playground for a dittle bit, Dad."

11:00 a.m. to 12:25 p.m. Takes Ciera to cheerleading practice, where I spent the whole time alternating between watching her and reading my SI 2007 NFL preview issue, silently hoping candaon from SG would ask me to be his "assistant to the general manager."

12:30 p.m. to 1:07 p.m. Ate lunch.

1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Takes the dervishes to the pool.

2:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. While the boys napped, watched Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares" online: I have no idea why I'm obsessed with a foul mouthed Englishman who cooks. I just am.

4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. I honestly can't recall it all: I remember many threats of punishment, throwing of baseballs, and sword fighting, and that's about it.

7:00 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. Watched Clay Buchholtz, in only his second MLB start, pitch a no hitter: Yep, at the ripe old age of 23, Clay Freaking Buchholtz pitched a NO HITTER against the O's. And I got to see it.

A 5 game lead, a no hitter by a wet behind the ears rookie, and a 10-0 win over the Orioles on a day the Yankees beat the Devil Rays.

And it's still a 5 game lead.

If this isn't a sign for the post season, I don't know what is.

16 comments:

Carol Rally said...

I'm taking it as a good sign too TD (and glad you had a good day)!

Ted D said...

Carol,

It's an omen: and good one. A rookie throws a no hitter? This is better than finding a 4 leaf clover and a pot of gold at the same time!

Carol Rally said...

I hope they keep the kid around!

It would have been nice had Clay's parents been at the game (he said that they are probably kicking themselves)!

Ted D said...

Carol, I saw that in the press conference. I think he's around to stay. In fact, if Wake can't make his next start, I'm pretty sure he's in.

2008 starting rotation: Beckett, Daisuke, Wake, Lester, and Buchholtz.

Not too shabby.

Carol Rally said...

Love the 2008 outlook (thumbs up)!

HorshamScouse said...

Kid's a keeper, Ted.
What a great Saturday.

KAYLEE said...

YAY CLAY LOVE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tex said...

inj case no onje knows...clay is sfrom TEXAS '

KAYLEE said...

haha Tex all the SGers know that :P

gojohn said...

Clay-mania!!!

Ted D said...

Horsham, I agree: he's the real deal. What a way to start your professional career. 2 wins, and one of them is a no hitter!


Clay is from Texas, Tex? Hmm.. are there any other pitchers on the Red Sox from Texas? ;)

John, Claymania, Claymation, whatever we can come up with: what kills me is looking at him, he looks like he should be asking you if you want fries with that.

Tex said...

Ted..do I need to give you the Texas ShowDown list?

Tex said...

and I want you to take note of my previous post on my blog...even though i got the date wrong...I SAID the Bleeding Stops on Aug 31st Ted...I Called IT.

Ted D said...

Beckett, Timlin, Buchholtz, Snyder right?

Oh, and Manny. Can't forget Manny is from Texas.

Wait, that's Mars.

And yes Tex, I know: you called it!

Tex said...

you see a trend here?? pitchers from Texas...

Stacy said...

Good for the kid...very cool pitching a no hitter. :)

Another great pitcher from Texas. Go figure.