CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The SG Roadie and a Comeback.





Just a few images from the Surviving Grady get together: here we all are. Front row is Cyn, Tex, myself, Steve, and Kelly. Middle row is JD, Candaon, and Hayes. And in the back is Rob, DB, BB, AB, and Citizen. Thanks again to everyone for a great time: this Dad of 3 is eternally grateful.








Me and candaon, captured in the Munchkin Mojo pose: notice how both of us just barely clear the top of the salad bar!






Finally, Tex and her flag: forever immortalized with the signatures of the departed David Murphy, Kyle Snyder, and Mike Freaking Timlin: Even with Tex AND Kelly explaining this, I still have no clue how this happened. All I know is there is a picture of Kyle Snyder holding a ferret on his shoulder that 15 years from now he's gonna wish he'd NEVER agreed to pose for.


As for tonight, when you start the game losing 8-1, it's never a good sign: however, this Red Sox team doesn't quit. Coming back from a 7 run deficit, they end up winning 16-10, thanks to 19 hits and home runs from Pedroia and Drew.

After a 1-0 pitching duel last night, the boys come back and score 16 runs tonight: for my Yankee buddy Shawn, I say HA: and to my living on the edge sales manager Bob, would you please relax now?
5 games up, and the magic number at 13: your 2007 AL East champs are: the Boston Red Sox.

Man, does that sound sweet.

24 comments:

Tex said...

i just tgot home. sobt testxted me with teh score. :)

Anonymous said...

I must say that flag suits Tex alright! It sounds like you all had a great time getting to know each other. Yes, by all means, blame the GPS. It works every time! hahahaha

Ted D said...

Tex,

PV's to you and SotB for this weekend: hope you two have big time fun.

Denise, we had a ball: hands down the most fun I've had in quite a while. And I'm not blaming the GPS, I'm blaming the two idiots who headed off to Baltimore with nothing more than MapQuest directions: no map, no atlas, nothing. What a couple of maroons.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hey , careful those two idiots are my brother-in-laws !

Ted D said...

Bub, the fact you've been such an influence on us may explain us not feeling the need to have a map with us: sounds exactly like something YOU'D do.

How's the set up going? You going to be ready for this weekend? I imagine you're sitting at your desk with your feet up while Sonya is outside sweating and moving the bushes around!

KAYLEE said...

GREAT PHOTOS:)

Tree Newt said...

Hey...don't blame me...I was driving based on the directions given by the munchkin with the mapquest directions. I think mostly I was saying "This doesn't look familiar...I don't think we came this way last year."

BUB!!! Glad to see you're alive! I'll call you back one of these days when I can breathe!

Ted D said...

Mattie, look at it this way: we got to see a side of DC that isn't on the tourist maps.

Next year: an atlas. Unless you can't go, then I'm winging it with Marty: I think that may be a recipe for disaster.

Christine E. said...

Evening everyone...:-)

Ted: If Mattie doesn't go with you next year, I will--I am very good with map....:-)

Why can the Sox score the ONE LOUSY RUN they need to tie this...argh!

Hope everyone is well!

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

Christine,

You're on: just know you have to drive the DC/Baltimore leg of the trip. I'm a bit anxious in that traffic.

And did you not learn from last night? We. Will. Win. ;)

We're all great here: hope the same for you.

Christine E. said...

No worries--as long as I don't have to drive in NYC, I am fine..I have done Phila, Boston, Hartford, etc so I have big city experience...:-)

I know I should not be so worried..but how many times has a team score a gagillion runs, only to score None the next day....

Holy Buckets, Julian is picthing GREAT!

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

//Holy Buckets, Julian is picthing GREAT!//

:)

Yes he is: and you sound like the perfect driver: even if Matt comes, can you drive for us? He drives a bit like Rowdy Yates in Days of Thunder.

Christine E. said...

Sure, I'll drive, even if Mattie goes...:-)

I put the "holy Buckets" in cause it cracks you up..LOL

We need some runnnnnssssss.....

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

Holy Buckets never fails to make me lol, Christine.

And thanks for offering to drive: the boy makes me nervous.

Tek up with 2 on and a 3-0 count. Here we go.

Ted D said...

Or not. Swinging at ball 4 on a 3-0 count. :(

KAYLEE said...

I WANT RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tree Newt said...

Hey, I drive very well! You're just a 90 year old man in a 37 year old body!

Tex said...

Ok WHEN are we gonna get some more runs??

Christine E. said...

Well, said Tex....Now is their chance--and there are darn few left in thsi game...

and are the Yankees EVER going to lose again?

Crap

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

Dude, you were whipping in and out of traffic like Dale Jr. at Talledager.

Didn't you notice my white face and the fact I was grabbing the dashboard and looking for a vomit bag?

Tex: the runs are coming. Keep the fair.

Christine E. said...

Yahooooo!!!

Big Papi!

Whooo Hooo!

Ted D said...

What did I tell you Christine?

A Walk Off HR by Big Papi: it was never in doubt!!!!

Christine E. said...

You were right, Ted--its just been so long since he has done it...

Puts us in a better position going in to the weekend series...and reduces the magic number to 12!

yeah!

KAYLEE said...

LOVE PAPI:)