CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

We are the Champions


The Yankee game ended after I had posted last night and while I got to see all of the celebration, meetings at Furniture Market today kept me from posting on the win until now. Just a few pictures from last night: above is Papelbon and Daisuke early on in the festivities. If you missed seeing any of this, you've gotta trust me: Jonathan Papelbon was the STAR of the celebration.

Here's some of the fellas on the field: notice Pap is now sans pants. This is some of the young guns on the team: Buchholz, Pap, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Corey, etc..

Papelbon and Wakefield dousing Big Papi: 0nly player still on the Red Sox who was on the team the last time they won the AL East in 1995? Tim Wakefield. This had to be a special night for the elder statesman of the Red Sox.


Pap "dancing": it was at this point I was hoping he had a designated driver for the ride home. Sadly, I wasn't able to find any photographic evidence of him wearing the Bud Light box on his head with eye holes cut out or the impromptu Riverdance he performed. Trust me though: It happened.

Finally, there is my friend Kelly from sittingstill.net on the far left getting doused with champagne by Jacoby Ellsbury: congratulations Kelly on getting to be part of history!
Last night was just the beginning, and I know there is a lot of work left to be done, but man, was it sweet to watch all this happen. Congratulations to the players, coaches, and management of the 2007 AL East Division Champions: The Boston Red Sox.
It feels REALLY good to be able to say that.
*All pictures from Boston.com*




7 comments:

KAYLEE said...

HECK YEAH AND GREAT PICS!!!!!!!!!1

Tex said...

I am missing all of you. Wooo HOOOO!! I loved how the S.I. came out with the caption about Serious with Paps on it...and then we get to see the silly Paps. got TO love the guy

Carol Rally said...

Most fun photos of the season - Enjoy the end of it today TD!

Ted D said...

Tex, you have GOT to get a new computer! Matt and I are at the Furniture Market waiting for another meeting to start, so I'm just messing around. Pap was KILLING me the other night!

Carol, where have you been? Must have been on vacation, because I haven't been able to get on at your place in about a week. Glad you are back.

Stacy said...

Ted, I saw Shaun this morning and told him since you weren't there I'd say it: how 'bout those Red Sox. He had some lame comment about it working out the way he wanted because now they played the Indians first. Yeah. Whatever.

You two should be out making flow charts and memorizing the pricing on every item like my hubby, instead of blogging. :)

Hope it's a busy week for you all. I get to work with the kiddos instead of trying to hide from Spencer all week. Life is good.

Ted D said...

Stacy, check your email: it's video of Pap doing the River Dance!

I actually had to work today: I'm tired.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hey Ted, was this the photo of Papelbon you were hoping to find? ;-)