CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Boyhood Dreams Do Come True

Like some funky baseball version of Rip Van Winkle, JD Drew woke up from his season long siesta at the plate with a Grand Slam in the first inning last night, metaphorically kicking the Indians square in the the marbles.

I know, he's been MUCH better since September, but through the playoffs had struggled: how many other $70 million dollar players do you see sitting on the bench, not once, but twice during the post season? It had to feel like an anvil was removed from his back last night.

I've watched almost every game this year, and JD is normally as demonstrative as the rosin bag: not last night. Fist pumping, yelling to himself, and meeting up at home plate with Papi with fire in his eyes, JD was finally accepted by RSN.

Tonight, it's Daisuke's turn to play hero: after all the hoopla over signing him, an up and down season, and a ugly couple of playoff games, it's a shot at redemption for Matsuzaka. He's saying all the right things but you've got to believe Tito has Beckett ready, just in case.

I woke up antsy, and it hasn't gotten any better: Angie had to hit me on the leg during church this morning because my right leg was bouncing up and down like a pogo stick. I've spent the better part of the last 2 hours figuring out how I'm getting all the kids fed, read to, and in bed by 8, even though I know FOX will drag out the start time for 15 or 20 minutes.

Dinks that they are.

We are going to the World Series!!! Here's to the bullpen jug band, The Munchkin, and Papelbon: Rockies vs. Sox. EVERYBODY RIVER DANCE!!!!

25 comments:

Tex said...

i cant laugh enough when I think of Millar on the mound. I mean isn't it funny? with his K's and all...he's gonna throw a pitch...will it be a fastball or curve or slider?

Tree Newt said...

I was so glad for JD to get that hit. Maybe everyone will get off the man's back now.

Keeping the fair in Mule City.

Stacy said...

Seems like this team has the "magic" of the '04 team; down 3-1 in the series and then comes back to tie it up.

I say if Dice-K isn't perfect, bring in Beckett and whoever else it takes, including Pap for a few innings and get 'er done.

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

Tex, did you get to see him? He was yucking it up with Papi in the dugout: It was great!

Matt and Stacy, so far, so good: 2-0 heading to the third and Daisuke is dealing.

Tree Newt said...

Dice is looking sharp. Cleveland looks like they are VERY uptight.

Ted D said...

It's the Ghost of Pedro. I'm telling you.

Tree Newt said...

Settle down Dice

Ted D said...

It's getting Dicey.

Bad joke, I know. Sue me, I'm nervous.

Christine E. said...

Evening everyone:

ARGH, I am so very jumpy! Why couldn't the Sox have a 8 run lad or something--this 1 run thing is making me crazy(er)

Hope everyone is hanging in there...

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

I'm hanging, Christine: by my finger nails, but I'm hanging.

And I'm with you: I wish it was a bit less classy myself.

Christine E. said...

The Munchkin...AHHHHHH!!!!!

Whoo Hoo...

Well, that got me off the ledge--for the moment...

Go Sox!

Ted D said...

5-2, top of the 8th, and Sizemore bunts his way on.

What a freaking game.

Christine E. said...

Whooooo Hooo!

Didn't think they had it in 'em, but the boys are going to the World Series....

Yeah!

Go Sox!

JMP said...

TED~~!!!!!
WORLD SERIES BOUND!!!!
SOX ROCK!!!!!

Tex said...

World SERIES BOUND!!!!!

HorshamScouse said...

That was an amazing game and an odd way to end my vacation. Four hours in an Internet cafe. Can't type with this daft grin on my face. A second World Series in my lifetime.
Must throw a sickie on Thursday and Friday. Go Sox, AL Champions again.

Stacy said...

From what I saw on ESPN.com, looks like the Munchkin was the man. :)

1 HR and 5 RBI's...is that right?

Now hopefully they'll follow the '04 World Series and win 4 straight so this thing can be over!

Ted D said...

Christine, jmp, Tex, Horsham, and Stacy: WE ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Yankees are golfing and we are in the WORLD SERIES!!!

Tree Newt said...

WE ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!

I told you so.

Ted D said...

No, I told you so.

Dink.

gojohn said...

Yes!!!!! Another World Series in Boston, looking forward to another great Beckett start Wed. night. Thanks for the comments on my new look blog.

beckperson said...

::Riverdances by Ted's blog, waves::

Ted D said...

We did it John! And you're welcome: it looks great.

::pauses from Riverdancing himself to wave to Becks::

::resumes the Riverdance::

beckperson said...

::sprays champagne all over Red Sox Dad's blog::

Ted D said...

::Sees Becks has made a mess, grabs towel to clean up, then heading to her place::