CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 8, 2007

Historic Day


Big Day for me today: my youngest boy, Trot, said "Sox" for the first time.

Actually, it was more "Dox": and it was paired with "baw" so it ended up being "baw Dox".

Still, so far his vocabulary has consisted of a handful of words, so him saying anything close to Sox is big for his Dad.

He's still a bit young to teach "Yankees Suck" yet, so maybe we'll work on "Papi" tomorrow.

Top of the 5th at the Toilet, and it's 6-1 Indians: so far, so good. If I can keep from going insane at the TBS announcers practically practicing witchcraft in order for a 5th and deciding game to happen, and ignore Chip Carey and his radio announcer voice, it'll be a miracle.

What a knob this guy is: he's going ape over a 1, 2, 3 inning and the Yankees are down by 5. Somehow he'll be able to spin Slappy being 0 for 2 with 2 K's the next time he pirouettes his way to home plate.

It almost makes me wish for Buck and McCarver.

Almost.

7 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

Quick check in to say: Wooooooooo!!!

MFYs off to play golf and the Indians on the way to Fenway.

Helicopter flying over a glacier is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!

Stacy said...

You know if you teach Trot to say that, he'll let it out right in front of the Pastor at church. :)

BTW, I like Chip Carrey. Maybe it's a sentimental thing from listening to his dad call Braves games. Beats the heck out of Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. AARRGGHH!!!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Big day, indeed! =)

And now the EE is all done. I *almost* feel bad for Torre. Just like you *almost* miss McCarver & Buck. Now we just have to get past the Indians who looked pretty impressive with their bats...

Ted D said...

Horsham, glad to hear the holiday is going well. Hope Jeter can get a good tee time at his local country club.

//Helicopter flying over a glacier is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!//

It's only 7:30, but I'm pretty surethis will win line of the day.

Stacy, yeah, I know: it'll come back to haunt me. And Chip would be tolerable if you would quit using that fake radio guy voice: ugh.

Dawn, Torre will surely get another job if he wants it, and I give the man a cigar for putting up with Big Stein all these years. I'm just so glad there won't be all that Yankee drama any more this season. The Indians will be tough to beat, but I'll hang onto that 5-2 record we have vs them this year.

Go Sox!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Just remember... the EE was 6-0 against the Tribe during the regular season. Although, if we don't proceed to the next level, I can live with it being because Trot gets another shot.

Tex said...

i wont curse here cos its you...but I MISS blogging!!

Go Red Sox!!

Ted D said...

Miss you Tex: hope you have the new computer soon. It's not the same without you!