CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's That Time Again

Ah, the holidays: getting together with family, giving thanks for all the blessings in our lives, and watching out your window as cousin Eddie merrily describes to the world that "the s******s full".

Rakes and I spent most of the morning getting all the Christmas decorations out of the attic while Angie took Ciera and Trot to Sam's Club for the monthly grocery run.

Let me clarify a bit: I took all the decorations out of the attic while Rakes went up and down the attic ladder roughly 45 times, talked nonstop for an hour and a half, and kept trying to convince me that the bunny we typically put out on the front porch at Easter would make the PERFECT Christmas touch.

If you have never gotten Christmas decorations out with an almost 4 year old practicing his future career as an auctioneer while worrying he will step off the 12 X 12 sheet of plywood that is keeping him from falling through the ceiling while at the same time holding a 30 pound box of ornaments because you are waiting for him to get down a ladder? Well my friend, you just haven't lived.

We got them all down: apparently that is the easy part. They are all still sitting in what used to be my office but has lately been taken over by my wife and sister in law's business, and now the contents of my attic. It's all good though: I've carved a path from the door to the computer so I can continue to feed my Internet addiction without any big delays.

On the Red Sox front, Mike Lowell is officially back in the fold, and Curt Schilling couldn't be happier. I'm still amazed by the fact that an athlete took LESS money to stay where he and his family were comfortable.

Long gone are the days of 25 players/25 cabs: THIS Red Sox team has turned into the model franchise that all the other teams hope to emulate.

Who could have seen THAT coming?

8 comments:

Tree Newt said...

You know what amazes me? How you go, without any problem, from Christmas decorations and Rakes' future in the auction business to the Sox resigning Mikey. You have a gift, young padowan.

Ted D said...

Corn nut: I don't know how I do it. It just happens. I've said it before, these kids are great subject matter.

I'm just rolling with the flow.

Go Sox. And the Yankees still suck.

And with that? I'm off to bed.

Anonymous said...

So did you bring the bunny down too?

Ted D said...

Of course, Denise. I snuck it back up in the attic during naptime.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who may stumble by here today.

Tree Newt said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Pizza Roll! Enjoy your day!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Yes! Another year and cousin Eddie stays in NC along with his ruggies. It is Thanksgivings

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

In fact, I think I will pull out the "Christmas Vacation" DVD to night in your honour. So that my kids will remember what we are missing.

Ted D said...

Same to you canola oil.

Bub, now do you REALLY want me and the rugrats invading your peaceful holiday?