CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Every Good Thing Comes To An End

After the last two days of a relatively well behaved Rakes, all it took was one Saturday to make it seem like old times. Too cold to go out, his sister being at home all day, and his Dad left home alone for a few hours with all three was all it took before a three way battle between Ciera, Trot, and Rakes broke out.

Spending most of the day alternating between fighting and laughing, Ciera and Rakes finally reached a peace accord @ 8:00 tonight to watch "Minutemen" on Disney. I have no clue what it's about; all I know is it resulted in the two of them lying quietly in my bed, snacks in hand, until Rakes shuffled off to bed.

Don't get me wrong; he was still light years ahead of where he's been the past few weeks. Looks like this tying Star Wars Lego's into good behavior seems to be working. It's just the previous 2 days were like a cease fire in the 'Nam and today a few mortars were launched, just to remind us that peace is a fragile thing.

Besides playing the role of the U.N. I spent a good part of the day checking on the Virtual Waiting Room window I had up at redsox.com. If you've never experienced this, I can only describe it as being at the Doctor's office and EVERYBODY else gets called back besides you. Funny thing is: whenever I try to buy Sox tickets to Baltimore it goes right through. Not when you're trying to get tickets to Fenway.

I had that stupid thing up from 10 this morning until 6 tonight, and NEVER got in. 'Course I could have missed some chances due to the fact that the best I could do was run up and down the stairs every 5 minutes and check it. I have NO idea how people do that year after year; I love being on the computer and it was about to wear me out.

12 games are already sold out and a bunch more are down to single seats, SRO, and obstructed view. On the FIRST DAY tickets went on sale. If I lived where I could go to several games a year, I'd have a bleeding ulcer by 1 in the afternoon and curled up in the fetal position by 4.

Good news is it looks we'll have about 15-20 different reprobates from Surviving Grady for at least one game during Tedapalooza, with some getting to go to all three. Which should make for quite the memorable time during my first trip to Boston.

Now: how am I EVER going to make it until May?

33 comments:

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Not coming back till you change the new layout. Hurts my eyes!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hey check out this new background!! =) I love it. Who needs Scott. ;-)

I wonder if Rakes is saving up all his good behavior for school?

And May?! I'm wondering how I will make it til pitchers & catchers report...

Ted D said...

Bub, working on it. Patience, Grandpa.

Thanks Dawn. If not for the fact he married my sister, I'd have to agree with you.

And let's hope Rakes is holding out for school; 'cause if he's not, watch out.

Redbeard76 said...

Yay for reprobates. I was lurking when you all were in WRH since I didn't have anything to add since the date came up so quickly on me and am low on funds. I'm sure I'll still be able to make it to Tedapalooza, somebody should have an extra ticket, or i'll get a single seat somewhere.

Ted D said...

Stephen, you could have at least kept track of who had how many and where for everybody! Hope you can make it for at least a game, man.

Tex said...

Went to bed early last night. So who did you hire as an interior designer? Dont listen to that simple Sooner...I like it. :)

Get a calendar and start marking off the days. the way to make it is do something nice for Angie EVERY day. Vday is coming up...do NOT forget.

Ted D said...

Glad you like it, Tex. Got to messing around a little last night.

What the heck is VDay? ;)

Tex said...

Look if you want to make it to Fenway....you better show appreciation.

i.e.,, hugs, kisses, clean the kitchen, clean the bathroom, flowers for no certain reason, flowers for VDay, giving her a girls afternoon out every week, etc...you getting the idea yet?

Ted D said...

Believe it or not Tex, I actually do clean the kitchen floors and vaccum the house every week. Plus do the dishes every night, unload the dishwasher, pick up all the toys, etc.. I don't like a lot of clutter. And she does get hugs and kisses and flowers for no reason. I may be a moron, but if you asked her, she'd say I'm telling the truth.

And tomorrow night is her Mom's group here at the house; me and the kids are clearing out at 5:30.

See? I'm not such a bad guy. ;)

Krystle [RSO] said...

I like the layout...a WHOLE lot. Now I have something to do today, it's all snowy and crappy here. It's a PJ day in the stick of NH, that's for sure.

I can speak of VWR experience. One time my dad decided to have the cable guy come to the house THAT day of tickets going on sale. Well it turns out the cable guy was an idiot and didn't know what he was doing. Not only did he have use lose the cable HE LOST INTERNET. JUST as I got into the room...I came SO close to getting tickets for Opening Day/Patriot's day in 2007. I'm not going to say anymore than that.

The Globe has a good read about Big Trot, if you want to read.

Ted D said...

Thanks Krystle. About to head out to church, but I'll catch it this afternoon when the heathen are sleeping.

Tex said...

Well then. then Angie should not be mad about your trip to Fenway. Well except you need to take her on a weekend trip for romance.

ok ttyl

Ted D said...

The weekend trip with her is happening later this summer I suppose.

Have a safe trip back home, Tex. See you on the other side.

Tree Newt said...

I like the new layout. Big change for you Monk. Baby steps.

Tree Newt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ted D said...

Thanks, man. It was actually more of an accident. I saved the old template in case I didn't like it, panicked when I was it, and then, shock of shocks, can't figure out how to load it back.

The new one is growing on me. Just trying to figure out how to change the blue.

Tex said...

i like the blue. ok Ted i have looked high and low for different templates other than the ones they show...where and how did you find this one?

Ted D said...

Tex, right at the top of my blog there is an orange line (which I don't like and when I get a chance I'm gonna try to fix it) there is a line that says "New Templates" or something.

Click on it and then go to sports. There are several different Red Sox ones.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Well well well a little backbone in the group after all. We can change this blog to pimpin for Ted.

Dawn since you are a rookie at trading shots with me I will cut you some slack this time. Tex half your state can't speak English as it is, i think you need all the help you can get even from us Okies.

And for you Ted their is only room for one of us to be artsy fartsy

Ted D said...

I think the reason you don't like it is your eyesights fading, old timer. And Stacy doesn't like it either, if that helps.

I'm not a big fan of the blue, but haven't had the time (screaming kids and all) to try to figure out how to change it. This template doesn't work like bloggers regular template. I'm sure I'll stumble across it somehow.

Tree Newt said...

I like the blue.

Ted D said...

Corn Nut, I know it's not funny. But imagining you with that busted collarbone grimacing over your Iphone as you type, made me chuckle.

Sorry, but it did: just a little.

Stacy said...

The white text on the blue background makes it hard to read. Could be my age and my eyes.

I'm just sayin' is all.

Ted D said...

Stacy, I'm still trying to figure out how to change the colors. I'd rather have a white background and black words, but if I can't, I can live with it. I like the logo in the back ground and how it's kind of three dimensional.

Krystle [RSO] said...

To help you out...theres a number code you need to get it to be the colors where you want. If you need the site, I can get it for you but as for where to put it, I don't know!

Ted D said...

Krystle, thanks for the help. I actually emailed Dawn and she helped me out. Hadn't had a chance to try it, and I may just leave it as it is. It's grown on me.

Stacy said...

Love the new banner photo. :)

Ted D said...

Thanks Stacy. I actually did it to bribe Dawn to help me figure out my blog issues! :)

Tree Newt said...

Ok, I take it back. This thing looks completely different on my iphone. I don't like the blue anymore. Take it back...TAKE IT BACK!

Tex said...

ok i just aint right to have a treehugger have an iphone.

And Scottieboy...Pfffffffffft. half your state dont know how to start on time.

Ill check it out Ted. by accident now I see. ;)

Tex said...

Ted I know how you got that orange line there to begin with. You chose that clock countdown from Pyzam...and that website put it there cos you put the clock most likely in a place that does the background.

HOWEVER...Im gonna check it out. I didnt realize we could get backgrounds from that for our blogs...I did it for myspace..

Ted D said...

Corn nut, what are you babbling about? And I'm with Tex, something about a tree hugger having an iphone just isn't right.

Tex, makes sense. The line doesn't bother me, but I'm fixing to try and figure out if I can change the colors and stuff.

Glad you made it home safe.

Tree Newt said...

Shows what you two know about Tree Newts. We live and die by Apple products.