CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

King of the Hill. In more ways than one.

There is 4/5 of th Red Sox starting rotation getting some work in down at Ft. Myers, led by Josh Beckett, of course. Seems like The Commander is wanting to start 2008 the way he finished 2007.

Flat out dominating the rest of the league.

Personally, I'm not gonna doubt him. I think Beckett wants to finish his career being thought of along the lines of a Gibson, Koufax, and Ryan. If last year is any indication, he's well on his way.

After getting Rakes to stop repeatedly kneeing me in the marbles, he actually settled down and fell asleep for 2 hours while I watched the movie Friday Night Lights. Made for a relaxing Sunday afternoon. Well, except for the fact the boy can't even SLEEP still; he kicked, twitched, and jerked the entire time. But at least he was quiet.

We finished the day with me, Ciera, and Rakes lying on the sofa and watching King of the Hill. It's a little rough for them, but Angie's cousin married a guy who talks JUST like Boomhower, which kills me everytime I hear him. So I sort of HAVE to watch it when I can.

I know a day like today won't land me on the "100 Most Fascinating People List".

It will, however, go a long way in allowing me to reach the point in my life where I can order a "Senior soft drink" at the local eating establishment and reap the reward of all this Social Security tax I'm paying now.

Or not.

Doesn't matter. I had a relaxing day off, the Red Sox are weeks away from Opening Day, and another day passed where I avoided the offices of a shrink.

I'd consider that a good day.

27 comments:

Tex said...

i guess you've been doing your homework well on josh. I havent been scouring for pics today. sorta busy and distracted. I do love both pics you have of him. Ill have to get a step ahead of you.

Beckett has something to prove to himself. that he IS the best and he wont rest till he does. Thats just Beckett.

Ted D said...

Tex, I figured you'd like the Hook 'em Horns one I found. ;)

I think he'll have a better year this season. CC won't win the Cy Young this time around.

Tex said...

funny thing is Beckett is actually an Aggie fan...but no one really knows the aggie hand signal like the horn signal.

between this blog and fantasy baseball this year with my demanding new job.. along with the real baseball season happening. I do NOT know how i will have any life at all

Ted D said...

Real life is overrated, Tex.

Tex said...

i dunno. i could really sell my life story. still. i dont know how i stay sane.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Almost can't see you in the pile of children there Ted.

And ummm... is there life beyond Sox?? I had no idea...

Tex said...

found a better sign from beckett ted

Ted D said...

Tex, I'd buy you biography.

Dawn, I'm there. Somewhere.

~**Dawn**~ said...

The question is: Is the hand signal from The Commander family friendly? =P

Ted D said...

It looks like he's giving the "Devil Horn", right Dawn? My first thought was Ronnie Jamed Dio, but I'm betting it's what Tex said.

Some sort of Texas hand signal.

Tex said...

its the UT longhorn 'hook em horns' signal. im not a horn fan myself either. but his girlfriend is

~**Dawn**~ said...

I think when I vote in November, I am gong to do a write-in. Josh Beckett for President.

Ted D said...

Tex, I knew you'd straighten me out. ;)

And Dawn, I thought the same thing.

Only Jack Bauer is my candidate. He's actually tougher than Beckett. Though I'd reccomend Josh as a VP candidate for sure.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I realize this will be blasphemy on your blog, but I have never watched 24...

Ted D said...

You are missing out, Dawn.

Trust me on this. Get yourself to Blockbuster ASAP.

You'll thank me later.

Ted D said...

I'm out, guys. Long week and an even longer weekend.

I'm actually headed to bed before 11.

That has got to be some kind of record.

Have a great Monday.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Seriously, have you looked at my sidebar?? And that's just the stuff I am willing to openly admit to watching. ;-) Once baseball kicks off, I have no more room in my schedule... You should have issued the Public Service Announcement two months ago when all the new tv shows ran out! Although I must say that Boston Legal is still running new episodes. I do not ever miss Boston Legal. The writers are geniuses. Complete with Patriots & Red Sox references and anti-EE propaganda!

HorshamScouse said...

Ted, buried in kids and looking exhausted. Yep, seems about right.:)

I'm with you on Boston Legal, Dawn. James Spader's character's monologue on abstinence versus condoms (in the episode where a fifteen year-old contracted AIDS, was worth an Emmy on its own.

Ted D said...

Hey Horsham, glad to see you made it back to NZ safe and sound.

Redbeard76 said...

I met this one guy from down south, Greenville (not sure if it was NC or SC, I think there's one of each), and he talked just like Boomhower.

Couldn't understand a damn word. He really needed a translator with him at all times, or have some sort of high-tech subtitle display hanging from his neck.

beckperson said...

Ted, did you get Monday off? Or is that just a NE thing? Regardless, I'm glad you took one day of rest.

Just think, in about 18 years you'll be able to rest all the time. :)

Stacy said...

Rakes is just like cousin Jerry; wiggling even when he's asleep. :)

That pic of Beckett on the sidebar sort of looks like he's doing the NC State Wolfpack sign. Course it could be as a former Okie, I always do the hook 'em horns upside down. :)

Ted D said...

Stephen, I'm from here, and it took me about 3 seperate times meeting this guy before I could understand him!

Hi Becks, and sadly, no I didn't get it off. Federal holiday, so no banks, mail etc.. but there is no rest for the self employed. But thanks for the kind words. ;)

Stacy, I forgot Cousin Jerry was like that. He's either doing the hook 'em horns, or flashing the DEVIL EARS at somebody!

Tree Newt said...

He's givin' them the goat!!!!

Ted D said...

Mattie, I could NOT remember that saying!!

First thing I thought of, and I was so ticked I couldn't remember it!

I take it by your post, you weren't locked up by the state for your traffic violation.

Tree Newt said...

That was an eye-opening experience. No, they didn't lock me up. Got it reduced and just had to pay court costs. Thank the Lord. I'll tell you this, though: Keith may be blowing my doors off on the road now.

Ted D said...

Good to hear.

So I take it you're not interested in making a beer run to Texarcana, Bandit? ;)