CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Mayor Holds Court

So far, every picture of Sean Casey I've seen coming out of Spring Training, the guy is doing one of two things; smiling or talking. On a team full of guys who lead the league in man hugs, handshakes, and characters, the more I see of Casey, the more I think Theo is a genius.

Here you've got a guy who fits in seamlessly with the rest of the oddballs that make up the Red Sox, and I can GUARANTEE you won't hear one word about him complaining about a lack of playing time.

Imagining him sitting next to The Large Father on the bench and yukking it up, I've gotta think Remy and Orsillo are gonna have an inordinate amount of gigglefests this coming year.

On another note, carrying Rakes upstairs to bed every night has turned into some sort of stand up routine; one night he's telling me about what bodily function he just had, the next he's rambling on about lightsabers, gunships, and what Alex did at play school that day.

Tonight was a first. As I held him in my arms and headed toward his room, he blurts out this:

SAVE THE WIENERS, DAD!

And yes, I have NO idea what he meant.

Frankly, I'm not too sure I wanna know.

15 comments:

Tex said...

just curious. was that pun intended?? Rakes comment and your "frankly.." comment??

wieners...franks...and I couldn't help but wonder if Rakes has been reading our SG chat..not going to blurt out our famous word...but made me seriously think :)

oh and Sean is SO fitting in

Ted D said...

Tex, not intended whatsoever.

Best I can figure? He was playing "Madogascar" on the PS2. There is a part where you have to Save the Lemurs.

All I can guess is he can't remember or pronounce lemur, and Weiner is what came out.

Of course, he could be on a whole nother track; I'll ask him again in the am.

Tex said...

i cant wait till i post on SG again. Im gonna start saying
Save the XXX instead of Wieners :)

Ted D said...

WEINERS!

HorshamScouse said...

Thought it was Wieners. Am I being picky again?

Maybe he really does want you to save the Viennese sausages. Who knows what goes on in a four year old's head?

Can't wait to see Casey At The Bat:), just so long as he doesn't strike out.

"Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty Casey has struck out."

Tree Newt said...

Horsham, Ted doesn't remember "i before e except after c." He missed that class in elementary school and never did his homework.

Redbeard76 said...

Save the wieners, save the world.

The more and more I hear, the more I like Rakes. It must be so much fun playing star wars legos with him.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a combination of exhaustion and lemurs to me.

Ted D said...

Horsham, you're right. I'll go back and change it. Since I downloaded this new background, my spell check won't work.

Corn Nut, don't you have a whale to save somewhere?

Stephen, it's a riot to play it with him, except you get a non-stop play by play/trash talking from him the whole time. You want to wring his neck half the time.

Edge, your's sounds as good as any.

Tex said...

who CARES where the "i" and "e" are placed. I mean this is NOT school.

Ted leave your weiner alone.

Ted D said...

Thanks, Tex.

Now I've got Mt Dew all over my monitor. LOL!

Redbeard76 said...

3 more years for Franconer! Yippee! Good choice, Theo.

Ted D said...

It's about time, right Stephen?

~**Dawn**~ said...

I know you have a newer post but I just have to say:

1. I already like Casey but I will mis Hinske of the Enormous (almost scary psychotic) Grin sitting on the bench. I know he left some things to be desired at the plate but that joy to be in Boston & that Trot-esque face plant he did in right last year endeared him to me forever.

2. If they can stop being an ad campaign for RSN president this year (love Remy & Don but that started to get very old), can you just imagine the speculated conversation ideas they can come up with for Casey and... well.. everyone else? LOL

Ted D said...

Dawn, I agree: the faceplant makes him, in my mind, a Red Sox player for life, no matter where he ends up.