CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Munchkins in Wigs and Truck Day.



Gunnar and Matthew Nelson, circa 1991 have NOTHING on these two whackjobs.

Ciera bought a Hannah Montana wig at the store tonight and as soon as she get's home with the thing, Heckle and Jeckle just HAD to try it on. Rakes looks like some demented Paris Hilton while Trot looks like Cousin It from "The Addams Family". Only if Cousin It had a pacifier and wore Toy Story pajamas.

Today was Truck Day, which I posted about on Tuesday this past week. What was great about today was two of my friends, Cyn and Kelly, were interviewed by the local media in Boston and ended up making the 6 o'clock news!

Everything the Sox need to kick off Spring Training got loaded on a 18 wheeler and took off for Florida today, and all across the country lunatics just like me celebrated like we all just won the lottery. 'Cause in some weird way, we did.

Next week, Tek and Dougie will start working with the pitching staff; unlike last season it doesn't look like they'll have to break in any newbie, though with Schilling going down for the forseeable future, I imagine that will change.

Not long after that the rest of the team will sort of filter into camp, and sooner or later, Planet Manny will arrive. There'll be games on NESN, updates every half hour, and seemingly normal people like me will watch like it's Game 7 of the World Series.

Why? Because we're all just a tad nuts? Well, yeah. But it's not JUST that. It's what all of it actually means.

We watch because it means there are only 59 days or so and counting until Opening Day and another season begins.

6 months of happiness, anger, sadness, elation, stomach ulcers, and pure unadulterated joy.

Red Sox baseball is coming.

22 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

And thanks to blogging, six months of shared jubilation (or commiseration) with people who really *get* it -- a big deal to "displaced" fans!

OMG those photos of the boys are hysterical. And did you not see the Addams Family movies? The second one, there is a Baby It. Complete with pacifier.

Ted D said...

Dawn, forgot about the blogging aspect.

And I've gotta say, I missed the movies; just a big fan of the series.

Is there REALLY a Baby It? Looks like I missed a payday by a few years. It's a tad scary Trot liked the wig as much as he did.

Tex said...

this story and pic are perfect for bribing them when they're teens and they want to use the car.

leave it our kelly and cyn to make Truck Day Extraordinary!!

Ted D said...

I thought you'd like that, Tex.

And Cyn and Kelly were GREAT today! How awesome is it they got that kind of publicity?

Tex said...

and someone needs to take a brush to that wig. One suggestion: hide all sissors from them boys. NOW

Ted D said...

Tex,

Ciera has been brushing that thing like crazy.

I know; my bathroom floor resembles a shag carpet.

Tex said...

id suggest putting a conditioner on it but that would clog up your sink. Ciera doesnt read this right?

Ted D said...

//Ciera doesnt read this right?//

Lord, I hope not.

Tex said...

i am really tired. still wheezing. got to get this out of my lungs. gonna hit the sack. nite

Ted D said...

Night, Tex.

I hope you are feeling as good as new by tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Sure makes me wish I was in Florida right now (That...and the single digits we're gonna get tomorrow). :-)

Ted D said...

Hey Wayne,

You're in Ohio, right? I had no idea it got that cold there. Stay warm, man.

Redbeard76 said...

What? No mention of Steve the Ferret? Thanks for including the link for the video. 15 minutes of fame baby!

Well, vicariously anyway.

Tree Newt said...

"Seemingly normal people like me"

Uhhhhhh....bro, since when are you anything seemingly normal?

Those pigs are classic. Brings back memories of growing up with 3 older sisters, eh?

Krystle [RSO] said...

Uh, you realize that Paris Hilton is demented right? So just calling him Paris Hilton would have been understandable enough? =p!

I have to say that it's good to have bloggers that are Red Sox fans because no one at my school really cares =/.

Anonymous said...

YOu got it Ted. Good ole PRO (People's Republic of Ohio). It get's darn cold here apparently. Whacked part is, it hit the 60's early last week. 60 degree shift...LOL!

Ted D said...

Stephen, that Steve needs his own show. And it's pretty cool to see people you know like that.

Newt, I know you meant pics, but it's still funny. And by seemingly normal I mean a family, job, house, etc.. to the world I APPEAR normal.

Krystle, sounds like you need to spread the news of RSN to your school.

60 degree shift is pretty insane, Wayne. Stay warm, man.

gojohn said...

Truck day is here...and no we're not NUTS!

Stacy said...

Oh.
My.
Word.

Those pictures are hilarious, yet unsettling at the same time. :)

You're right; they do look like the Nelson Bros.

Ted D said...

Hey John. And I mean this in a good way, but yeah; we're all a tad nuts.

Stacy, it's a little disconcerting I'll give you.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Jr. under your breath and between rooting for the Hillary twins against me yesterday. You mentioned working on Saturday? What did you do , put a Pakistan out of work and take a job at 7-11.

Ted D said...

Bub, How'd you guess?

Check your email.