CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Princess Bride. Redux.

You honestly haven't lived until you've heard Rakes utter the following:

Inigo Montoya: [Rugen swings his sword but Inigo blocks it and then begins advancing] Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.

Inigo Montoya: [Louder] Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die. Count Rugen: Stop saying that!

It's the current video being viewed in the Griswold family truckster, and he's been running around all evening shouting it out. Except with his speech impediment, it comes out as "Hello. My name is Inio Movino, you tilled my fater, prepare to die. TOP saying dat!"

As much as I try not to laugh when he gets his words wrong, tonight was tough. I'll go as far and admit I didn't make it much past him screaming "HELLO!"

Although this news broke a few days ago, I'm just now getting around to posting it here. Christopher Trot Nixon and his Major League career aren't dead just yet. Trot signed a minor league deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks late last week, with a chance to make the big club when camp breaks in a month or so.

I hope he makes it. I'm praying he'll still be playing when I can show my Trot who he was named after. Of course if he keeps it up, Big Trot may not take it as a compliment.

On second thought, Big Trot is known as the Ultimate Dirt Dog.

He'll love the little fella.

13 comments:

Tex said...

just like im hoping kielty gets to come up instead of staying in the minors. im telling ya your stories make The Griswolds look tame

Ted D said...

Nah, no dead Grandmothers on the roof of the car, and on hijacking's of amusement parks.

Yet.

Tree Newt said...

Dude, I WISH I could hear him saying that! That's one of the all time classic scenes, and I'd love to seek the Rakesese version of it.

And should I not get credit for breaking the Trot news on your blog, since I did bring it up first?

Man, I get no respect.

Ted D said...

Newt, it's HILARIOUS. Imagine the words along with a re-inactment of the fight.

Classic Rakes.

And yes, attention getter, you mentioned it here first. I knew about it 2 days before. It's what happens when you spend all your free time on sports sites. You miss out on a lot, but you get the breaking news when it happens. ;)

HorshamScouse said...

Ted, you need to get some game footage of Nixon for Trot to see when he's older and his namesake's hung up his cleats.

From your last post comments, you might want to check with the Red Sox whether Fenway tours are available on game days. I think I missed out in 2005 for that reason.:(

Ted D said...

Horsham, I thought I'd looked that over pretty good, but when I get home tonight I'll look again.

Hope all is well in NZ.

Redbeard76 said...

Love that movie, ever since I saw it in school in 4th grade. (great for kids, the only bad language being the SOB line.)

But what is this? --> //Griswold family truckster//

Krystle [RSO] said...

You can go and do the Fenway Tours during Game Night not Day obviously.

Depending on what's going on on the field, you can go on the field. I haven't been so lucky to be able to go on the field during a tour, but Photo Day. Depending on what time you get there, you can see them doing batting practice in the afternoon, so I've heard.

Hope this helps!

Krystle [RSO] said...

Forgot to add

I hear Big Trot loves kids in general. He'd probably have a soft spot for Little Trot. I'd say keep showing Little Trot Game 4 World Series 2004 clips, that would work like a charm =]!

Ted D said...

Stephen, it's a mini van. Remeber how Clark called the station wagon in "Vacation" the Griswold family truckster? Sort of playing on that.

Krystle, thanks for the information. Tex and I are trying to figure out when we can do the tour in May.

Ted D said...

Or RemeMber, if you prefer.

Redbeard76 said...

Ahh, gotcha. Surprised I missed that as we are avid fans of the Griswolds.

"You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it." hehehe

Ted D said...

"Roll 'em up!"