CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

The 3 B's: Beckett, Back Spasm, and Birthday.

*Picture courtesy of Kelly O.*

Instead of making his scheduled start today vs. the Marlins down at Spring Training, Josh Beckett threw all of 6 warm up pitches before waving Tek out to the mound.

Whenever you hear the words "back spasm" and Beckett in the same sentence, it's never good. Let's just say I was a tad concerned when I read about this tonight; Opening Day is March 25th from Japan, and I really want the Commander of the FYYO brigade to be on the bump when it happens.

Hopefully it's a minor deal, he recognized it early enough, and the trainers and medical staff can get him right by then. Starting the year without the biggest bullet in the Red Sox gun is not something I wanna think about right now.

As far as the home front goes, Trot seems to be getting a bit better. No new blisters yet and the fever seems to be gone. Rakes, however, started acting like he didn't feel good tonight before bed. His Mum and I are PRAYING he's just tired, because the thought of THAT maniac with blisters in his mouth is enough to cause me to sleep in a tree for the next few nights.

Finally, I've gotta wish a Happy Birthday for tomorrow to my brother from another Mother.

Josh, you've got the love of a good woman, Opening Day is less than 3 weeks away, and I'm coming to see you in a few months. Life is good, little bro'.

From one Munchkin to another:

Here's to this one being the best birthday yet.

::clink::

16 comments:

Tex said...

\\::clink:://

did ya bump heads? :)

Beckett is fine
Beckett is fine
Beckett is fine
Beckett is fine

Ted D said...

Lord, I hope so Tex.

The thought of him not starting off the year has got me worried.

And no, we didn't bump heads, silly. I'm trying to celebrate my virtual little brothers birthday.

If you're my sis, he's YOUR brother too.

So wish him a Happy Birthday already, will ya'?

Tex said...

his bd is TOmorrow. Ill do it Tomorrow :)

my nephew's bd was today. he would have been 18. my son's is Tuesday. he'll be 30. my niece's is thursday, she'll be 20.

email sent to ya

Ted D said...

Tex, I got it and just responded.

I wanted to give out the birthday love tonight, since more than likely it'll be tommorrow night before I post a new one.

Happy birthday to your son and niece, and I'll be thinking about you and your sister about today.

Gotta be a rough day for her.

Tree Newt said...

I wondered if that high pitched scream I heard out of the west was you. Now I know I was right. I hope Beckett is alright. Not a good sign, though. But, at least we have Colon.


Happy birthday Josh. Don't let Ted feel his oats too much with this height thing. Just remind him that his "little" brother from the same mother is a head taller than he is. Brings him back to earth everytime.

Ted D said...

Mattie, my man will be fine.

::rubs lucky rabbits foot just in case::

You may be taller, but Mom loves me more. ;)

Tree Newt said...

Naw...she just tells you that because you're smallish.

Unknown said...

Matt always thinks he's Mom's favorite. :) Don't let him get to you, Ted.

Stacy said...

I have NO idea why that last comment posted as "dalton". Keith's been on the computer forever, so who knows.

Tex said...

WELL I got news for you Dalton clan...when "Mom" meets Me....I will be HER Fav!!! :)

Ted D said...

Mattie, quit spreading lies. You know Mom loves me best: I'm the first born son. ;)

Stacy, we'll let him keep having his delusions.

And Tex, you probably are right on. She'll LOVE you!

Tree Newt said...

You all know she loves me best. And as to the whole firstborn thing, let's just call me Jacob and you Esau.

Ted D said...

How about Cain and Abel?

I like my analogy better. ;)

Tree Newt said...

Yeah, but God still favored Abel...the younger.

Though you kill me, my blood would cry out:

"I was mom's favorite! I was mom's favorite!"

Ted D said...

True.

But you wouldn't be running around acting like you were Marsha to my Jan, either.

So it's all good. ;)

candaon said...

Sorry I'm late to acknowledge this but thanks a ton Ted. Haven't spent much time on the 'puter, lately.

:: clink ::