CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

An Image From The Future

A few weeks from now, images like this will be commonplace as the Red Sox start the 2008 season.

Manny, helmet slightly ajar, being greeted at home plate with a friendly tap on the head by the Munchkin and slapping hands with Senor Doubles. As much as I've enjoyed seeing pictures from Spring Training and catching the odd game on NESN, I'm ready to get the season started.

Even though there'll be no more chants of "Dougie's Going Deep", we'll get the chance to yell "Straight Cash, Homey!" every 5th day. Jacoby seems to have won the starting CF job, basically because Coco is a walking M.A.S.H. unit, so he sort of gets the job by attrition instead of actually winning it outright.

Other than that, the 2008 version of the Boston Red Sox is gonna look virtually identical to the 2007 version that went wire to wire and won it all.

I gotta say: I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

We hadn't had a picture of all three kids taken together since Trot came along, save for my inept job with a digital camera. While I considered flying Kelly down here and having her work some magic, we decided the coupon we got in the mail that got us 36 prints for $6 dollars was still a better option. Although I'm seriously considering her for our 20th Anniversary print.

Thankfully, they take after their Mum.

Except for Rakes.

Poor kid: he looks just like I did at that age.

Hopefully he'll follow my lead and marry over his head.

14 comments:

Tex said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I think you've been making up all those crazy stories of your kids. They just look too dang cute and sweet to do any of those things. ;)

can you imagine what Manny's mom went through?

Ted D said...

Tex, I swear I'm not making anything up. Auntie Tex needs to come for a visit and find out personally.

And Manny's Mom must be a saint by now.

Tex said...

I should be God or Jesus.

Ted D said...

Yeah, you are up there, Tex.

Hopefully, you've got some good news?

Tex said...

and i am coming. i just have to figure out how to convince someone i really have more vacation days than i have

Ted D said...

Just tell this someone you've got a family emergency to attend to.

I'm sure Rakes can manufacture something off the cuff. ;)

Tex said...

i told you, i have to be careful and not say 'it cant get any worse'

cos it can. heading to bed. talk to you tomorrow

Ted D said...

Night, Tex.

And I'm sorry, if that helps any.

Talk to you later.

Tree Newt said...

I can't believe you got the three of them quiet and still long enough to take the picture! C'mon, come clean: it's three separate pics photshopped together, isn't it?

Ted D said...

Nope. Believe it or not, the lady got all 3 to look and smile in the same direction at the same time.

I'm pretty sure pigs will fly next.

Tex said...

Ciera was easy. But I bet you bribed Trot and Rakes with a all night turn at video games and their own new light sabers

Ted D said...

Tex, I wasn't there. I'm guessing Ang slipped in some valium in their apple juice.

Beth said...

Ted: Fantastic photo! You are so lucky - a wonderful, beautiful family! When you see this, doesn't it make all the daily crazies seem silly?!!

Ted D said...

Hi Beth!

I'm blessed, for sure. And while it doesn't make the daily crazies go completely away, pictures like that sure do take the edge off.

Glad you made it back home safe, and that you got to have a Palooza of your own.