CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Past 24 Hours

Last night at dinner, the little monster climbed into Trots high chair and wouldn't get down.

Tonight, he put one of their basketball toys on his head and spun around in circles. Why? Who knows. Why does he do half of the stuff he does?

Highlight of the day? Without a doubt, it was this afternoon. Sadly, it happened so fast I don't have photographic evidence; which furthers my belief I need to have a camera attached to my hip at all times, just to catch stuff like this.

Rakes, eating a banana. Trot, like some advance scout in the Army Rangers, sneaks up and snatches part of said banana. Rakes, with a look of righteous anger, whacking Trot about the head and shoulders with?

The banana peel. While pieces of the fruit fly every which way and Rakes AND Trot end up wearing it in their hair.

God help me, I laughed. Loudly.

You should have seen his face; Rakes looked like Rocky Balboa taking on Mr. T after he had killed Micky and invited Adrian over to his place to see a "real man" in Rocky III.

There is no way I survive Rakes from the ages of 12-16.

No freaking way.

At least I've got another good 8 years ahead of me.

11 comments:

Krystle [RSO] said...

A banana peel? LOL. This kid has the makings of Josh Beckett, Dustin Pedroia, Kevin Youkilis, and David Ortiz all in one. And yet, you still have to LOVE the kid.

I just have to say, I love the fact Ciera has a Red Sox shirt on (believe me, I can sense them from a mile away. It's truely sad.)

Ted D said...

Krystle, he is one of a kind. I just wish I could have captured the anger he had while he was wailing on Trot with that banana peel.

That's her Youkilis shirt. She's got a old Pokey Reese shirt and a Big Papi also.

Krystle [RSO] said...

Seriously, I'm cracking up about that. A BANANA PEEL?! At least he didnt use his fist, did he think of that?

The one shirt I don't have, ironically. and Pokey Reese - good player, too bad his past came back to haunt him.

Ted D said...

I think it was just a banana since that's what he was holding. I've seen it done with a plastic bat, a frisbee, and a Buzz Lightyear doll.

Loved me some Pokey. Only guy with the glove I've seen play as well as Pokey was Gonzo in '06.

Krystle [RSO] said...

Yes that is true. I really liked Pokey. Just that swang about him. I met him back in 2004. If the guy at the autograph singing didnt make him look like a total a-hole because he was making him sign everything so fast, it wouldn't be an issue but I still love him =]!

Oh and maybe I could use Rakes right now. You know my little step-cousin Jasmeen? Well I guess she has really bad speech issues and the pre/day-school isn't helping her out with it. Well the kiddos at her day care don't understand her so they get mad and "beat her" up, it's truely sad. Maybe she could use some Rake's temper and stand up for her yes/no?

Tree Newt said...

Rakes has a bit of Elmer in him: use whatever is within arms reach.

Ted D said...

Good point, Mattie. I guess I should be thankful it wasn't a spade, right?

Krystle, tell Jasmeen to stand up for herself; I've taught Ciera to stand tall for what she thinks and to not be a follower.

I'm pretty sure I won't have to have that talk with Rakes.

Redbeard76 said...

Rakes, the one man comedy show. It's a shame you're not dragging him along for Tedapalooza, the little guy can entertain.

Ted D said...

Stephen, he's a trip, for sure.

Someone suggested tonight I should put clips of him up on YouTube and he'd get his own tv show within a week.

They may be right.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am not sure what is making me laugh harder:

1) You with a camera in a holster on your hip, whipping it out for every photo op that presents itself.

2) The look Rakes must have had when Trot snagged part of that banana.

or 3) The mental image of Rakes beating Trot with a banana peel.

Sometimes you just have to laugh, Ted. It's the best medicine for anything that ails ya.

Ted D said...

Dawn, it's the combination of Rakes' look and the fact he was just flailing away with the banana peel that sent me over the edge.

And trust me; in that instance? I laughed till it hurt.