CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Wake: "Does he EVER stop talking?"

Roughly 8 hours to go.

At the unGodly hour of 6 a.m. I'll stumble out of bed, hopefully remember to put my pants on, grab a glass of Mt. Dew, and park myself in the easy chair.

Maybe Trot will sleep in, Rakes won't want to play the PS2 until AFTER he's destroyed the toy room, and my long suffering wife can get some much deserved sleep. A guy can dream, right?

Ang called me this afternoon, ranting at me about WHY the DirecTV bill jumped up $40 dollars this month. After convincing her I hadn't purchased "Naughty Nurses Part 3", I explained that the MLB Xtra Innings package kicked in this month. Funny how one thing can make one person freak out, while leaving another smiling from ear to ear.

Baseball season is here, people. And tomorrow morning, Daisuke will be on the mound, Manny will be wearing his hair net, and a baseball game that actually counts will be played. Yeah, it's in Japan. And yeah, it's on ESPN2, so no DO and Remdawg. I could care less.

Pedie will be manning 2nd, Tek will be catching, and Senor Doubles will be playing 3rd base. And so it begins.

This year is a little more special for me. Not only are the boys defending their second championship in 4 years, it also marks my first trip to Fenway. In May, I'll somehow get on an airplane and ship myself up to Boston.

I feel like Red at the end of The Shawshank Redemption.

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain."

Let's get it on.

12 comments:

Tex said...

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am not going to care WHAT i look like at work tomorrow...Im getting up and ready to watch BALL!!!!!!!!!
plus having two friends there is the BEST!

Tex said...

hey Where's ALL the rest of my
ooooooooooooooooo's?

Ted D said...

Don't know where your oooooooooo's went Tex, but baseball?

It's here.

Finally.

Tex said...

Thank POD...cos my life needs a diversion.

Ted D said...

I know, sis.

It was nice to talk to you today, btw.

How in the world am I going to be able to focus at 6 a.m.?

Tex said...

coffee. at least two pots. Im going to shower, wash and dry my hair so all i got to do is get up and flatten it, put on makeup and clothes...and sit and watch the game.

how do i watch baseball without beer?? maybe i can pour the coffee in my beer mug instead?

my new in front neighbors have TWO dogs who BARK LOUD every time i go outside....wonder if I just go in and out alot EARLY in the morning...if they'll get rid of the dogs? :)

Ted D said...

Not old enough to drink coffee yet.

I'll just drink straight from the Mt. Dew bottle.

And sorry about the dogs, Tex. They could be Rakes ranting about Star Wars. ;)

Ted D said...

I'm out.

6 a.m. is looming.

GO SOX!!!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

That quote was *perfect*, Ted. Well chosen.

It's baseball season!
PLAY BALL!!!

Krystle [RSO] said...

Were you affected by the Power Outage? If you were, I'm so sorry =]!

I think the Red Sox love is FINALLY showing. SO many people skipped their first class to watch the game.

Ted D said...

nnxatDawn, that picture just caught me funny the way Wake is looking!

Krystle, yep. Woke up with Trot at 5:30, turned on the tv, and panicked. Didn't get to see any of the game except the last 2 innings, which was great btw.

It's working now, so hopefully no glitches in the morning.

Nice to start the year off with a win.

Anonymous said...

Shoulda read this yesterday...bad on me for not! Great post man. Speaking from experience, the first Fens trip will wow you (I'm sure you've heard THAT a thousand times). Here's the thing. My first and only Fens trip sadly (due to youth, money, uncle sam, etc...) was back in 1987. I was about to turn 12, and coming off of the worst summer of my life on the personal side when my cousin Kirk got tickets to see the Sox vs. the Mariners, three rows back of the plate. Some guy (You may have heard of him teeheehee) named Sam Horn made his major league debut that day. Sox won big 11-5 I think (the Can got hammered but got the W), and my pops saw me on tv 1500 miles away (crazy how mine was the only head with a Sox hat on in that section for that game...Couldn't imagine that now). Flash forward. Got Sam's autograph a few years later at Holman Stadium in Florida and relayed how I was at his first game and how he hit a homerun in that game. All of that said, is to convey that you'll never forget the experience man. I hope ya enjoy it. Man, how typing that brings back some memories.