CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

In Beckett We Trust

Does this look like a guy who's going to lose?

Especially after the Sox took the lead not once, but TWICE in tonight's game and still lost?

Yeah. Me neither.

Tough loss to take, but if it's any consolation those boys in Houston can rake. Berkman, Lee, Tejada, etc.. can flat out knock the cover off the ball. And if you're pitchers aren't on top of their game, you get stuff like tonight's 11-10 loss.

Meh. It happens, and all you can do is dust yourself off, pick yourself up, and get ready for tomorrow.

If there is just one thing I can assure the Astros of, it's this.

Josh Beckett don't play.

You can't say you weren't warned.

6 comments:

Tex said...

All i know is if by some cosmic force the Sox dont pull it out for beckett...ill be sitting on the 2nd level railing right below NESN media ready to jump.

Game was awesome tonight. felt like a WS game cos of the excitement and fan banter.

Tree Newt said...

Prediction: Beckett goes 8, allows one run, and Pap closes out the 4-1 win. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Anonymous said...

We're headed to a Yankees/Jays game. Shall I pick you up a couple Yankee Souvenirs??? HEY!!! Put that bottle of Dew down and don't be throwing it at the screen now! I'll take pictures. How's that?

Ted D said...

Tex, other than the losing part, it was a fun game to watch. I can imagine how exciting it was to be there!

Mattie, I like the way you think. I'd rather have Beckett go all 9 but I'll take it.

Edge, have fun and go Jays! And if you can find one of those Yankee urinal cakes, I'll take one!

Beth said...

Hey, with Beckett on the mound and Tex in the house, how can we lose??

Ted D said...

Exactly what I was thinking, Beth!

Have a safe flight and a great time in Tampa next week; counting on you to bring the mojo with you.