CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Riding the Storm Out

Final score from tonight? 10-6, Orioles.

Sox take the lead, thanks to back to back Home Runs from JD Drew and Manny, then have to watch Okajima gack it up with Craig Hansen contributing to the carnage.

Usually, I'd lose it like Al Pacino in Glengarry Glen Ross, (NSFW) but that little guy with the blanket wrapped around him and mayhem in his eyes? He sorta helps me see the big picture.

Don't get me wrong; I still cursed out Aubrey Huff under my breath, hoped Brain Roberts had an unfortunate incident with the pine tar, and hit myself repeatedly in the gibleys with Rakes' light saber while muttering "Why didn't Tito bring in Delcarmen instead of Okajima?"

Hey, don't judge me. It's progress.

As I slip ever so quickly toward middle age, I see more and more what's really important, and my wife and kids help keep me somewhat grounded. And I realize daily that this game I love is just that: a game.

But seriously. The Orioles? At Fenway? AFTER we take a 6-4 lead?

Screw that noise.

Even Ghandi would've lost his mind.

10 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Do you think Tito's figured out yet that he can't use Jeemer against the O's?

Ted D said...

Dawn,

I really hope so.

No O's, and not when runners are in scoring position.

I can't tell you how sad this development makes me.

The Delcarmen for the 8th inning role campaign is well under way.

Tex said...

::bangs head on desk::

Anonymous said...

Yes, some days it does feel like all you want to do is stick a blanket up around your head and smile.

Tree Newt said...

"As I slip ever so quickly toward middle age, I see more and more what's really important, and my wife and kids help keep me somewhat grounded. And I realize daily that this game I love is just that: a game."

C'mon! Who you think you're kidding?!!!

Ted D said...

::hands Tex some aspirin::

Edge, it's most days I want to do that.

Mattie, what?

;)

Krystle [RSO] said...

I'm with Tex on the game. We also got really bad storms by the end of the game so I was on the Weather Channel more then NESN.

My friend, I'm at school, saw the picture of Rakes and just laughed. Only Rakes...only Rakes.

Ted D said...

Krystle,

He's one of a kind for sure.

Still in school? When's graduation again?

Krystle [RSO] said...

Friday. We had to get a waiver to get it to Friday and part of the waiver is that we had to do finals today - Friday, which I don't have. Today was my last day of high school FOREVER!

Ted D said...

Congratulations, Krystle!