CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Swim Lessons. Or Dad pays for Therapy.

Rakes starts swim lessons tomorrow, and I'm a tad worried. See, the lady he's taking the lessons from would make "The Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld seem like a pacifist.

Don't get me wrong; whatever she does, it works. Ciera was 4 years old and afraid of the water, and after 5 days she was diving off the diving board, swimming the length of the pool, and has been swimming like a fish ever since. However, she cried every day before she went and every night before she went to bed that week, begging me not to make her go back.

I have no idea what goes on in these sessions, as parents are only allowed to watch the last day. From the way she acted, you'd think they were treated worse than prisoners at Gitmo. Ciera is a tad on the sensitive side, though. It may have been the drill Seargent like atmosphere was just a little much for her.

We didn't warn the teacher about Rakes, and we didn't warn Rakes about her. I just figured it'd be best if the two of them got to know each other on their own terms. This lady has been doing this for about 20 summers now; Any takers on if she makes it to 21?

This may make the battle of wills between Hank Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman seem like a day in the park.

If she does survive? Little does she know I've got this one waiting in the wings.


The Red Sox take off to Tampa tonight, dropping 2 out of 3 to the Astros. Beckett went 7 innings, gave up 2 runs, and should have won the game. Instead, we had Oki lay an egg in the 8th inning and as I head to bed the Rays have sole possession of 1st place in the AL East.

Enjoy it while it lasts, Tampa. Tomorrow night, hells comin'.

And the Red Sox are comin' with it.

13 comments:

Tex said...

bleh

Ted D said...

I almost blamed you, sis.

But I know how much of a fan you are, so I held back. ;)

I hate you had to see 2 losses in person. But you DID get to see Beckett pitch a great game today.

Redbeard76 said...

Could've been worse. If Alexis had been there, half the staff would have ended up on the DL. And they would have been swept. ;P

Tex said...

bleh

Ted D said...

Redbeard swooping in with the kill shot!

Tex, cheer up. You got to spend the weekend watching the boys play ball.

Could have been me; I spent the weekend puking and running to the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out who you're worried for exactly. Is it Rakes or the teacher? Hope you're feeling better.

Ted D said...

The teacher, Edge. Most definately the teacher!

I'm better. And thanks.

~**Dawn**~ said...

//If she does survive? Little does she know I've got this one waiting in the wings.//

Thanks, Ted. I needed a good laugh.

Also, tonight? They better win. Much as it pains me, I left the Trot jersey in the closet, because every time I wear it in the Trop, we lose. So it's the Lowell All-Star BP jersey tonight. I hope like heck it works...

Tex said...

bleh. so all my stro's friends are killing me with gloating

Krystle [RSO] said...

Things are so crazy with this team right now. First Manny pushes the team secretary to the ground (for that I'm just blaming Houston because something is in the water for them) and then the big threat that someone sent to the Red Sox about the Latin/Black players.

Then seeing this post and the picture of Baby Trot with the goggles is TOO funny. Just imagine what Big Trot was like for his parents =]

Ted D said...

Dawn, it worked! Cracked me up when he started walking around with them last night! Have fun tonight, and the Lowell jersey will bring us luck!

Tex, just ask em' how many championships the Astros have won, then just walk away. ;)

Krystle, Weird stuff going on right now. Manny is freaking out and the death threat stuff is just scary. What year is it anyway?

Glad you like the picture of Trot!

Tree Newt said...

Dude! I forgot about the Swim Nazi! Man, her v. Rakes is going to be like a preview to Armageddon! Keep me posted!

And dude, that pic of Trotty is CLASSIC!!

Ted D said...

Trot is the anti-Swim Nazi.

Rakes is just priming the pump.