CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

What We Learned From NESN Tonight.

... Papi, even though there is no way on earth he'll be able to play, will be at the All-Star Game at the Toilet this year. Of course he will. Would you expect anything less from the Large Father?

... Papelbon asked Remy if the AL won the All-Star Game did it mean Remy and Orsillo would call the World Series? Yes, Pap. And pigs will fly, Beckett will walk on water, and Manny will win the Gold Glove. Seriously, is he perpetually drunk, or does he really mean this stuff?

... Pap also claimed he didn't know who was the WS MVP last year until way after the fact, forgetting that folks living in a third world country with one phone line knew Scenic Lowell drew the honor about 3.5 minutes after the fact.

I'm starting to think all those Bud Lights have affected his short term memory.

... Remy said "Tamper" instead of Tampa AT LEAST 358 times. And I giggled every time. Sue me.

... Justin Masterson has as much trouble with the long ball as that chick from the O.C. has with saying no to the camera. Which is WAY to much.

... Heidi Watney is incapable of a natural smile. Seriously, you are a sports reporter, not the U.N. liaison for Iran and it's nuclear program. RELAX a little, and show some teeth.

... the Rays are most definitely for real. Great pitching, clutch hitting, and those retro Joe Maddon glasses are around to stay. Somebody wake up Big Papi and tell him we need him back, ASAP.

This New World Order is tough to understand; I need The Large Father to talk me through it.

Wake tomorrow, and all will be right with the world.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

14 comments:

Tex said...

im sick of orange juice. Id like some ribeyes now

Ted D said...

Me too, Tex.

No more citrus product.

Redbeard76 said...

I need the Lugo to just go away. Hello, pinch hitter? Cripes.

Ted D said...

Redbeard, when I saw Casey on deck with a bat in his hands I got excited, but I guess when they brought in the lefty Tito played the odds. He hit it on the nose, just right at Bartlett.

Wake tonight!

Redbeard76 said...

Please, the Lugo ended another rally earlier in the game (I can't remember what inning, probably the 7th) with runners on and 2 outs. He is a rally killer! Seems like he does this more than any other Sox player and frankly I'm quite tired of it.

Ted D said...

Tek is the one who's making my head hurt right now. I don't know if he just needs a mental break or what, but he just looks lost at the plate. Tough to see, and I'm sure, even though he won't admit it, the lack of a contract is playing on his mind.

I'm pretty sure we'll see Lowrie at SS next season, whether they can trade Lugo or they just DFA him. It won't happen this year, though.

Krystle [RSO] said...

I think the Remy and Orsillo calling the World Series game is just a dream from Papelbon, I mean really - who wants to hear McCarver and Buck more than we have to =].

I have to agree about being excited to see Casey pinch hitting. People in the chat room I was in were all excited. Then Lugo came and it just got well, the same ole "oh Lugo." However, I gotta go with RedBeard and say he is the ulimate rally killer right now on this team.

GO WAKE!!

Ted D said...

Krystle, Remy and Orsillo calling the WS would be classic!

Wouldn't surprise me to see Cora get a start either tonight or tomorrow and give Lugo a day off.

Krystle [RSO] said...

You called it - Cora's in the lineup tonight!

It would be a classic for them to call it. Would be better than McCarver and Buck...

Ted D said...

Just had a feeling, Krystle. But what does he do? Commit an error that helps allow a run to score. Sometimes you can't win!

Krystle [RSO] said...

As I told someone, Cora Lugo'd. I basically call errors Lugo's now, never good, never good.

Ted D said...

Yup. And everything has happened with 2 outs. Wild pitches, errors, etc...

Krystle [RSO] said...

Yeah, I don't know if my last comment sent - but I'll do another one anyways =].

Ergh, frustation. Seeing fake fans. Everything tonight wasn't fun - I even wore a Wake shirt to try and get the mojo working. Oh well.

Now it's time to watch my 4 year old step-cousin litterally bounce off a wall for a laugh =]

Ted D said...

Nothing wrong with some physical comedy, Krystle!