CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's my fault the Sox didn't sweep.

Against my better judgement, I decided a day at the lake with Ang, the kids, and some good friends was a better choice than guzzling antacids and watching Wake take on the White Sox today. So I'll take the hit on missing out on the sweep of Ozzie and the Pale Hose.

We were invited to do some boating and tubing a few weeks ago, so after church we packed up and headed to the lake to spend the day with Edge and her family; which is where Rakes and I had one of our typical conversations.

Rakes: "I gotta go to the bathroom BEALLY bad, Dad."

Me: "OK son, let's go".

Rakes: (While walking) "I gotta go Poopy, Dad. NOW."

Me: "C'mon, let's run."

Rakes: "DAD, I GOTTA GO POOPY RIGHT NOW!"

Me: "We're almost there; just try not to think about it."

Rakes: (With a look of resignation I can't accurately describe) "I'm just gonna go right here".

I'm pretty sure the look that flashed across my face when he uttered those 6 words would have scared any new born within 50 yards; somehow we made it to the restroom with seconds to spare and any collateral damage was avoided.

If my shrink gets word of this I'll be putting in 3 visits a week for the foreseeable future, so it's a good thing I had Miss Hathaway put a block on the blog the other day.

Which brings to mind this question; Why, at any public place, are we the farthest point away from the closest restroom when he turns into Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber? It never fails; he has to go and we're 4 football fields from the nearest facility and when we get there they are out of toilet paper, soap, or both.

I guess I should count my blessings; at least we made it.

Bring on the Orioles.

And pass the Tylenol.

7 comments:

Tex said...

at some point, you're gonna have to have 'that talk' with Rakes. You know, the one to explain adult bathroom behavior?

Glad to hear ya had a nice day out with the family. I'll relax when this is all over.

Ted D said...

Tex, I know; and I'm dreading it.

We had a great day; and I'm wishing relaxing days for you sooner rather than later.

Tex said...

at least all my family are good and safe. lets just hope we dont have the back-to-back hurricanes this year

Ted D said...

They are safe, Tex. If anything, that is the main thing.

PV's to you and yours.

HorshamScouse said...

I have few memories of the same period in my boys' development. I think I must be suppressing them. You're not helping :)

A sweep of G*****n's lot would have been nice. Not your fault, Ted. Just don't make plans to miss any of he O's games.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed your company too. My visit with Ang was cut short so I'm hoping for a rain check.

Ted D said...

Sorry, Horsham. ;) I find it's better to just write them out than hold them in! As for the O's, I should be good.

Edge, you two just line it up and tell me when; sorry it was so short.