CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some things you just can't explain.

Bigfoot.

The Loch Ness Monster.

Tom Cruise.

Ryan Seachrest's appeal.

Daisuke Matsuzaka being 15-2.

I've watched everyone of his starts and I could swear he should be 8-9 with a 7.89 era. In reality, he's sitting at a 2.74 era, 72BB, and 103 K's. Which floored me.

If I'd had to have guessed, Rudy Stein would have better numbers. 'Cause every start he makes seems like I'm guzzling TUMS by the gallon. But when you look at the numbers, he's actually been one of the best pitchers in the game all year.

It must be those bases loaded, 1 out situations he always seems to find himself in.

As long as he keeps getting out of trouble, I'm willing to keep on mainlining Maloxx. Between him and Beckett I'm gonna need stomach replacement surgery come November anyways, so what's a few more nailbiters?

Sox go for the sweep tomorrow with Buchholz on the mound.

I wonder if my insurance covers this sort of thing?

12 comments:

Tex said...

the only thing that has saved me this season has been not watching. i have enough stress to deal with much less watching beckett implode and diceK explode without me realizing it.

October better come quick

Ted D said...

Tex,

It's coming up faster than you can imagine. And your stomach will thank you later after this season; from Beckett being the anti-Beckett to Matsuzaka, you can thank me later.

But a win is a win is a win.

Crystal said...

Bigfoot is REAL! ;)

I always walk away from the tv when Dice-K has given up yet another walk, it make me a little mental. I still can't believe he gets him self out of those situations, esp when he loads the bases.

I'm so worried about Beckett. I still wonder if his pre-season back injury had more of an effect than reported, and if he's been suffering from it all season... :(

Ted D said...

Morning, Crys. Bigfoot, eh? ;)

He drives me absolutely nuts; it's like Lester from a couple of years ago. I just want to throttle him while yelling "THROW STRIKES"!

I know you saw where I commented at SG about the interview with Farrell this morning. Hopefully, all is well.

::Crosses fingers::

Krystle [RSO] said...

I honestly think Beckett is more hurt than he says he is. Not being able to pitch in the pre-season doesn't help him much either. I HATE to say it, but he's pitching like he did in 2006. Not getting run support doesn't help him but he only has two pitches working for him now and that's not the best thing in the world for our ace.

Oh and Dustin is my main love after last night. I don't know, it just tickled me funny.

Okay now getting back to getting ready for school.

Ted D said...

I hope you're wrong, Krystle. 'Cause losing him right now would be HUGE. The 91 mph CHANGE UP he threw Sunday for the HR didn't help. :(

Pedie getting tossed was hilarious; especially since he went almost completely around on the check swing!

Krystle [RSO] said...

I hope I'm wrong too. I'm happy I missed THAT part of the Sunday game coming back from Vermont.

Was the ump showing up Pedie last night? It looked like it but the other way around wouldn't surprise me either.

Ted D said...

Krystle, the first base ump most definately showed him up. But it probably wasn't the best idea for him to run halfway down the line either!

Crystal said...

We will NOT lose Josh.

::prays::

Ted D said...

I'm right there with you, Crys. The Commander will be fine.

Tex said...

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

I cant HEAR YOU!!!!!

Ted D said...

Sorry, Tex. It's getting to be crunch time; I took my rose colored glasses off a little while ago.