CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Talk about a kick to the gibleys...

You wanna know the definition of surreal?

Reading "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" to Rakes while I watched the Red Sox gack up a 10-0 FIRST INNING LEAD. Here is this innocent little 4 year old sitting next to me, I'm reading about these idiotic monkeys, who even though they've seen catastrophic injuries to their siblings from all the jumping, yet STILL keep falling off the bed (They gotta be Yankee fans. No other explanation makes sense) and all I want to do is punch something.

In my mind, I've gone into "Richard Pryor: Live on the Sunset Strip" while in reality I'm calmly reading this story while my blood pressure reaches Defcon 5.

Throw in the fact Papi hit TWO home runs and drove in 6 runs in the FIRST INNING and I'm about to morph into Al Pacino in the final scene of Scarface; I'm talking EPIC meltdown. Somehow I maintained control and got through the story, got him into bed, and .3 seconds after shutting his door was doing my best impression of Brendan Donnelly while stomping around the living room.

As I type this, it's 16-15 Rangers in the top of the 8th inning.

On the bright side? If we don't win this game, I've got a brand new flat screen in my near future.

As a bonus, the old one will have one Carolina Baseball League Official ball in it.

11:07 pm. Sox win 19-17, thanks to Youk's second home run of the night. I'm pretty sure I'll be in therapy for the next 30 days so I may not post something new tomorrow.

Who am I kidding? I'll be out in 2 hours.

I can't express how much I love this team.

12 comments:

Krystle said...

Oh man that game. As much as I LOVED it, that was draining. I'm alive and that should be all that matters right?

Ted D said...

Krystle, what a freaking game. I'm absolutely spent.

I'm pretty sure I'll have to go on that blood pressure medicine after tonight.

Krystle said...

Oh same here. I was talking to someone and now I think they think I'm crazy.

After going off on the people who were being negative almost the whole game...Wow, I'm just spent. Now it's time to watch stupid humor of Family Guy.

Tomorrow is Crackberry day!

Sarah said...

I have to apologize. I told my friend that I was done watching this game after the first thinking that while anything could happen, the Rangers weren't reeeeeeeeeeeeally going to be able to come back. So I watched the Yankees on the "big screen" with the Red Sox off to the side... for about four innings. BIG MISTAKE.

Moving on, I think Orsillo was right; we saw EVERYTHING tonight - except a balk. 36 runs... 37 hits... four errors... Youk was responsible for both errors - and five RBIs... I'm 24-years-old, and I might need blood pressure medication after that game!!

Ted D said...

Krystle, glad you're in the same boat I am!

And Sarah; so it was ALL YOUR FAULT! ;)

Games like tonight are what is going to turn me into an alcoholic.

What an unbelievable night.

Tex said...

as we've said before. It aint OVER till ITS over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HorshamScouse said...

I caught the end of the beginning. It was 12-2 when I got home for lunch and Zink's meltdown had just started as I left for work. Safe enough, I thought.

Could not believe my eyes when I saw the 19-17 result.
My evening rerun on mlb.tv should be interesting. :)

Ted D said...

Tex, you can say that again. I think I need a stomach transplant.

Horsham, strap yourself in for the replay; it's a wild ride.

Krystle said...

Stomach transplant? Try a heart transplant. I'm still not fully recovered yet! I hope tonights game is well...calm.

Ted D said...

Krystle, I'm exhausted and all I did was watch it on tv!

Sarah said...

I'm bummed about Zink getting sent back down. Wasn't he the only pitcher from both teams to have a 1-2-3 inning - and he had TWO of them? He had one bad inning, and that was the fifth... if I recall, that's pretty standard for Buchholz as well. Besides, I like to watch a knuckleballer, and Zink's got a damn good record in the Minor Leagues... I hope they give him another chance!

Ted D said...

Sarah, I thought Zink did pretty well, all things considered. He looks like he's got a tough knuckler and I think he was just nervous. Plus you never know how getting staked to a 10 run lead affected him; he could have gotten a little too relaxed.