CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Second verse. Same as the first.

Driving Rakes to his soccer game tonight, I learned he had a girlfriend. Her name is Berkley and she lives across the street.

Which is all well and good until I explain that across the street from me are three town homes. In the one on the left lives a married couple my age with no kids, the middle houses a 60+ year old Grandmother, and the one on the right is home to two Elon College students, neither of whom is named Berkley.

In fact, the only Berkley I've ever known was a Labrador Retriever that lived in my old neighborhood about 11 years ago.

What does all of this mean? I have no freaking idea; all I know is that if it was baseball season there would be a Red Sox game on. And whoever Berkley is would have to wait until tomorrow while I second guessed Tito, wondered why Demarlo Hale clapped his hands all the time, and debated with the voices in my head about the effectiveness of Mike Timlin coming into a game after the 6th inning with a full moon.

Don't tell me you don't wonder the exact same thing.

No comments: