CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

You wanna hear God laugh? Tell him YOUR plans.

Trying out my new copier/printer/scanner tonight, I came across this picture of Ang and me celebrating our 5th honeymoon in Cancun, some 11 years ago.

She told me the night before we left she was pregnant with Ciera and I was dead set on having one child and calling it a day. I had our whole life mapped out; me, Ang, our child, and a dog to sort of balance out the whole thing.

Fast forward to tonight, as I passed by our bedroom and caught the following sight.

2 boys, 1,347 gray hairs, and several medical bills later here we are.

We've got 3 kids, I'm hanging on by my last nerve, and Ciera is going to middle school next year. Rakes and Trot are doing their best impression of Clyde Barrow, I look like I've aged 30 years in the last 11 and Ang hasn't changed a bit.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

One good thing about life; it never happens like you figured it would.

I can't wait to see what the next 11 have in store.

16 comments:

Tex said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww...a sentimental post. Cute pics. if life ended up like we planned...we wouldnt learn all those fun lessons

Ted D said...

You said it, Tex.

My greatest joys have been ny biggest surprises.

Ted D said...

Not ny.

MY.

Dewey said...

Isn't life lovely. I have been blessed in so many ways, but almost never in the way I expect.

Ted D said...

Same here, Dewey. Life really does come at you fast.

Tree Newt said...

Dude, you were gray LONG before Rakes and Trot! And check out the chiseled 'do in that pic! WOOOOOOOT!!

You're blessed bro! Gray hair or no.

Ted D said...

All I can say is Tek ain't got nothing on me when it comes to a flat top.

Beth said...

Sweet, Ted! I think Ang's is pretty lucky too!!

Sam Jackson's Lovechild said...

Were you on the set of Top Gun as an extra?

Ted D said...

I don't know about that, Beth. But I know I am.

JB, yes I was. How'd you guess?

Tex said...

:Top Gun: LOL!!

Ted D said...

What are you laughing at?

Maverick and Goose RULED the 80's. I was just trying to keep up.

Redbeard76 said...

You're right, she hasn't aged one bit! Or if she has, she hides it well... You're one lucky dude. Peace.

Ted D said...

Thanks, Redbeard. I really am one lucky dude.

Sarah said...

Cute pic of all your ducks in a row. Will that ever happen again?

Ted D said...

I doubt it, sarah. At least not without Nyquil being used in some form.