CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ease My Pain



Pitchers and Catchers report next week.

I've kept my mind occupied with football, 24, LOST, and wondering if that is really Regis Philbin's hair or if he wears a rug (I'm going with a toup; it's too perfect) for the past 4 months.

A lot can happen in that time; Trot is now mostly potty trained, save for the occasional "Woops. I thought the laundry room was the bathroom". I can actually hold a conversation with Rakes where he is listening; yes, it's like a German Shepherd staring at you while you talk about NOT tearing up the furniture, then as soon as you are done the sofa looks like it belongs in Fred Sanford's house. But he IS listening.

Manny still doesn't have a contract, Tek does, and John Smoltz will be wearing the second letter of the alphabet on his cap rather than the first. We elected a new President, the same old crap is going on in the Middle East, and by some strange turn of events I look 4 years older and Ang looks 14 years younger. Whoever said life was fair?

None of that matters, though. Spring Training is upon us, Opening Day is right around the corner, and in a little over 3 months I'll be in Boston, MA to see the Sox play the Mets and participate in MEGAPALOOZA 2009.

Short of a asteroid striking my house or NESN hiring Chip Carey and Buck Martinez there is pretty much nothing the world can throw at me to sandblast the smile off my face.

Ease His Pain.

Costner is freaking brilliant.

10 comments:

Blogstiny said...

Your look is the same as mine at the beginning of football season. I'm pretty down right now. Here in Colorado, we are all about football. I attended a game at Yankee Stadium back in 04 between the Yankees and Boston. I never had an appreciation for baseball until that day. It is soo different back East. It is actually exciting, unlike Rockies games.

Bickley said...

Costner is only brilliant in that movie. Unfortunately, he plays exactly the same character in "Robin Hood." With exactly the same accent. Oh, and also in "Dances with Wolves." And "The Postman." Etc.

But I'm with you on Field. It is a brilliant movie.

"I'm going to beat you with a crowbar until you go away."

Fox needs James Earl Jones announcing for them...

Ted D said...

Blogstiny, I lived in Oklahoma for 12 years growing up and you are exactly right; much more of a football thing out in the midwest.

Bickley, JEJ announcing for FOX would be epic; I say kick Buck and McCarver out and let him just roll.

Beth said...

Um, "Bull Durham" anyone?

Megapalooza!! Is it really only 3 months away??

Trot's Hat said...

The idea of warm sun is making me slightly dizzy and hysterical.
:Clink: to Megapalooza!

Ted D said...

Beth, I actually considered using the "Lollygag" video, but couldn't find a good one.

And yes: Megapalooza is only 3 months away. WOOT!

Bridget, :clink: When are you coming home?

Anonymous said...

Ted, I thought of you when I read this blog. I thought it was pretty cute. Check it out.

http://kaesblessings.blogspot.com/

Ted D said...

Thanks, Edge. I'll check it out when I get home.

Stacy said...

This is probably my favorite movie ever. LOVE IT.

Stacy

Ted D said...

It is a great movie, Stacy.