CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Judgement Day Is Coming

Barry Bonds BS and Barry Bonds AS; Before Steroids and After Steroids. They say a picture tells a thousand stories; to anyone with an ounce of common sense, it's been pretty apparent Barry didn't turn into Mr. Olympia at the young age of 37 without a little help.

If someone tells you they think differently? I can guarantee you they believe OJ was innocent, we didn't land on the moon, and Milli Vanilla got a raw deal.

Look, I'll be the first to admit that PED's or not, whenever Barry was at the plate, I made sure I tried to watch; the guy was UNBELIEVABLE. The way he could just wait and wait for that perfect pitch and then launch it into the next county? It was the sports world equivalent of a Picasso painting, only you have to imagine Pablo tripping on LSD or something to get the same effect.

However, it looks like the Government has morphed into Kurt Russell in "Tombstone" and has told Barry's agent that they are coming. And hell's coming with them.

Today, THIS BIT OF NEWS came out. Looks like the end is finally near, one way or another. A judge released the Balco testimony to the public, along with phone taps, a diary by Bond's trainer Greg Anderson, and everything else short a picture of Bond's sticking a needle in his rear end wearing a "I took the Clear and the Cream and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt".

In a sport that values statistics and numbers more than any other, the all time Home Run king is going to go out not having streets, schools, and awards named after him but will leave his 15 minutes of fame as the poster child for the war against performance enhancing drugs.

Somehow, that makes part of me have a sad.

4 comments:

Tree Newt said...

We landed on the moon?!!!!

All I have to say about Barry is this:

"Be sure your sins will find you out."

That's a fact. And BB isn't immune to it anymore than the rest of us. It all comes around.

It is sad. I wish that whole chapter in sport never happened.

But he was fun to watch, wasn't he? Too bad he didn't enjoy it more than he did. All that grief, all that hiding, all that attitude, and he'll forever be remembered as a roid-oid, not the HR king.

Seriously, though: we landed on the moon?

Ted D said...

I think so, Mattie. Although I'm beginning to think it was all computer generated.

And I love the point you made about Barry; he could have at least enjoyed it and smiled every once in awhile. How have you been, btw? Long time, no talk.

Redbeard76 said...

The only part of me that has a sad about this is if it leads to evidence of McGwire with the same stuff. McGwire, a personal favorite of that era (not to mention that I have a soft spot for the Scottish or Irish or whatever his heritage is) gives the impression of a genuinely all around good guy, in contrast to TOOLS like Bonds or Canseco.

Ted D said...

Redbeard, I always liked McGwire too. I honestly believe if he had come clean and not looked so bad at that hearing he'd be looked at a lot differently.