CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Married. With Children.

One is obsessed with all things Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Transformers.

The other will pee in the toilet but has gone poop approximately 4 times since this huge experiment started; he actually thinks going in his pants is prize worthy. Add to that the fact he gets up on average 8 times a night after we put him to bed which has raised my median blood pressure about 30 points and I'm just about ready to send him to military school at Oak Ridge Academy.

I'm 38 years old, have moderate hypertension, and just the other day my ears turned a deep shade of red and my left arm momentarily went numb.

One way or another, something has gotta give.

In a positive development I re-upped with DirecTV today for the MLB Extra Innings package.

If I die in the next 6 months more than likely I'll be watching the Red Sox.

So I at least have that going for me.

Did I mention Ciera is 10 and seemingly ready to hit puberty?

It's a good thing I've got a decent life insurance policy.

That way Ang can go ahead and pay for the baseball package and not have to worry about it.

9 comments:

Tex said...

iwish i coud ost. but sluqid substancesa geta in te hway

Lizziebeth said...

C'mon Ted, take care of yourself! I found your blog when my Smoltzie signed with your Sox...and I really like the honest tongue-in-cheek "realness" of it - so you gotta hang in there!! Maybe the other day you were just cold, 'cause it's, like, cold up there. :) C'mon, baseball's back!!

Rich in the Garage said...

ted is old and actually looks a bit like mr smoltzs. If his kids don't kill him I'll finish rlthe job in may. "kid its six am and the dancers are tired can we please go home" that's where I reveal to ted that I am in fact ford perfect and were off to meet the vorgons

Ted D said...

Tex, I'm pretty sure I got what you meant. I think.

Lizziebeth, thanks for commenting. And while it may be tongue in cheek, it's all too real. I've got the stress and gray hair to prove it. ;)

Rich, if I go down I'm taking you with me Jr. And I have no idea who Ford Perfect and the Vorgans are, but I'm bringing a big stick with me to Boston on May.

Rich in the Garage said...

Hitchikers guide to the galaxy.

Ford pretty much plucks Arthur off of earth before its blown up and they go on all sorts of hair brained adventures throughout the universe. The first people they meet are the Vorgons who write really bad poetry.


Good read.

Ted D said...

Gotcha. And I'd say you and me on any kind of adventure would be considered hair brained so I'm game.

Trot's Hat said...

Isn't your ears turning red a sign that someone is talking about you? Hopefully it was good. If not, I'll punch them.

And if it's alright with Rich, can I be Trillian? I adore the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

HorshamScouse said...

42

Ted D said...

Bridget, it may be that someone was talking about me and you have my permission to punch 'em in the gibleys. Usually when my ears get red it means my blood pressure is WAY up. And dear, you can be anyone you want.

Horsham, are you trying to tell me I'll only live till I'm 42?