CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

The 21st Century Isn't Ready For Me Yet

I got this phone today.

Now I know how Balki felt when he came to America to live with Cousin Larry on "Perfect Strangers".

I have no earthly clue what I'm doing, although Ciera tells me it has a GPS in it, I can find the 20 closest Mexican restaurants, and Rakes is of the firm belief I can launch a rocket with it.

All I wanna do is be able to talk on the phone, text/bother my closest friends, and surf the web during some down time at work.

Getting on my blog? Check.

Taking a peek at Facebook? Check.

Joining the other maniacs on the SG comment section? Not so much. It shows up for a few seconds, then I get a screen of dark blue where the only thing showing is the Army of WSG that is sort of trippy when there are no words to go with them. According to my crack tech staff of Lydia, Hayes, and Tex this shouldn't be a problem but so far I'm striking out.

However, the fact Tex has this phone and can in fact post on the board tells me I'm on the right track; I've just gotta figure out which fork in the virtual road I should take.

Teddy has hit the road running.

I just don't know where in the world I am.

Oh yeah; Sox sweep the O's, Papi is banging triples off the Monstah, and Pedie went 4-5 and had his uniform filthy by the end of the top of the first.

That, plus the fact that my trip to Boston and the Megapalooza is a little over 4 weeks away?

I can ALMOST forget the fact Trot pooped in his pants 7 times today.

Yes. 7 Times.

It's a good thing there weren't any Percosat in the medicine cabinet.

'Cause you better believe I looked.

9 comments:

Nichole M said...

Dear God, you're hilarious. You have a smart phone? I'm pretty sure Rakes is right about the rocket, by the way. Not that it matters if you launch a rocket. Nothing happened to North Korea, so you're good.

Tex said...

well when all else fails Ted. Read the directions :)
But seriously, advertisement says that just make an appt with Sprint and they'll help you set it all up.
And yes you have GPS and its glorious. But I honestly dont think it can launch a rocket





yet

HorshamScouse said...

You're feeding that child too much/too often.

GPS on a phone is cool. My Nokia has Garmin XT but only with Kiwi maps, so I'll be relying on your nav skills to get me around Boston.:) 28 sleeps.

Ted D said...

Nichole, thanks! I think.... Rakes and a rocket is worse than North Korea I'm pretty sure.

Tex, I'm gonna call today; my brother in law seemed to think I couldn't access it but now that I've got your story to back me up I'm sure I'll get it figured out.

And John? You better buy a compass if you're counting on me to get you around Boston. ;) 28 days.....

YES.

Redbeard76 said...

7 times? good god! I didn't know that was humanly possible. are you and angie feeding him Mexican food?

Jess has gps on her phone, but we have it turned off, it's an extra $10 a month or something. But it might be interesting to try if we go to NH again.

Tex said...

Sprint has Everything plan...$99 a month for phone, text, internet, pics, everything...unlimited. thats what I do. gps is included

Ted D said...

Redbeard, he's a machine. Tex, that's what i've got. Still trying to figure it all out.

Tree Newt said...

Dude, I'm frightened. Have you really even figured out the rotary phone yet?

And I can launch a rocket with my iPhone.

Ted D said...

Not really, Matt. But when in Rome....