CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Even Superman had Kryptonite


Ang took the kids to the zoo today.

And no, Rakes didn't get into a fight with a gorilla. Even if it looks like it.

Apparently Pollen is my boys downfall. We dealt with this same stuff last spring, but we thought the visits to the allergy doctor, combined with the medicine we're paying roughly the budget of a third world country for, and that visit to Madam Cleo had taken care of the issue.

One trip to North Carolina's version of Africa and the boy looks like Ali immediately after the "Thrilla from Manilla". A part of my heart broke tonight when I came home and found him looking so pitiful. Some Zyrtec, a shot of a nasal inhaler, and about 10 hours sleep and he should be as good as new; it's the getting to that point I have a problem with.

While I wait for Rakes to resume his place as Public Enemy #1, I give you some pictures taken Easter Sunday. Yes, I'm a dink for not posting them earlier; in my defense, YOU spend a day here and try and figure out where the time went.

You ever seen a serial criminal decorate Easter Eggs?

I didn't think so.

Peace and Harmony. Who would have thunk it?

I have no idea how I got so lucky to have such a beautiful wife and children. And I choose not to ask about such things; just count my blessings and move on.

Finally, forget Nolan Ryan, Bob Gibson, and Josh Beckett in his finest frothing best. You're a hitter and you see THIS image staring back at you?

If you manage not to wet yourself consider it a victory.

From the look in this picture I'm pretty sure if the boy doesn't end up on the wall of the Post Office I should consider myself lucky.


Sox/O's tomorrow.

It can't come soon enough.

7 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

Poor kid. Let's hope it's a phase.
I discovered I have an allergy to pine pollen after I arrived here. Never had a problem before.

"Now pitching for the Red Sox: Trooooottt Daaalltton!" I should live so long!


Verification word: swashr.

Ted D said...

John, it happened last year about this time too. Ang took him to the Doc and he's allergic to about 10 kinds of trees; up to now the medicine has kept him in check.

Trot looks like he's missing a few screws in that picture; Theo would pass on principle alone.

Tree Newt said...

Dude, that poor kid! You're going to have to buy him a bubble for spring each year.

And Trot is doing a pretty dang good Nolan Ryan impersonation in that pic. I get some credit, as I was on the receiving end of some of his throws Sunday!

Ted D said...

Mattie, the bubble sounds like a good idea; I'm pretty sure he'd bust it though.

And Trot is the most deranged 3 year old I've come across. But he's got a wicked curve.

Tex said...

"Trot Dalton pitching for the Sox"

has a nice ring to it

Stacy said...

Poor Rakes; he looks so pitiful.

The pic of Ang and the kids is great. You are one blessed guy.

And will you PLEASE stop saying my nephews will end up on wanted posters? They're simply energetic little fellas. :)

Ted D said...

It does sound nice, doesn't it Tex?

Stacy, energetic little fellas? You know they said the same thing about Frank and Jesse James, right? ;)