CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nick Green say's Happy Fathers Day

*Image courtesy of the bostonglobe.com*

Holidays are always a long day around here. Thankfully, both Ang and my parents are still with us and close by so we get to see them as often as we like and get to spend every holiday with them.

The down side of all this is it's usually a long day when you combine visiting two households while hauling around the equivalent of 3 house pets.

Only these talk. A LOT.

Being that TBS blacked me out today ( I live in NC; 5 plus hours from Atlanta. Can someone smarter than me tell me how in the name of Johnny Appleseed am I in the Braves "Home Market"?), my in laws have basic, and I do mean BASIC cable and by the time I got home it was the 7th inning and tied 4-4.

That, combined with it going to 5-5 and Pap loading the bases in the top of the ninth only to get out of it with some WAY high cheese left me feeling like I'd just spent the afternoon riding a bull named Fu Man Chu for 4 hours straight.

One pitch to Nick Green and it's all good; walk off win on a HR around the Pesky Pole combined with the Yanks losing to the Marlins and the Sox are up in the AL East by 4 games.

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dad's out there.

Nick Green thanks you.

10 comments:

Tree Newt said...

I guess that made your day, eh? Sorry you missed the game. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to watch a pirated -delayed feed tonight.

Happy Father's Day, big bro.

Ted D said...

Same to you, Mattie. And yeah; it didn't suck for the game to end that way.

Tex said...

Happy Fathers Day to one of the nicest guys I know. May you always let Rakes be Rakes, make sure Trot is not Rakes and allow your little girl grow up to be like her mom.
You're blessed.


and on a more humorous note...code word is bugers. did rakes set this up?

Ted D said...

Thanks, Sis. And may what you wish always come true.

All except the part about Trot not being Rakes.

He's worse. ;)

~**Dawn**~ said...

I woke up from a nap just in time to see Nick's homer leave the bat. That was freaking awesome. I swear of we cut him loose in favor of Lugo upon Lowrie's return, I am going to have a tamtrum that would make even Rakes & Trot stare in awe. ;-)

Ted D said...

Dawn, Junior in the garage who comments here and at SG called me yesterday and said "Julio Lugo just watched his career land by the Pesky Pole". I don't see anyway they do anything with Green. When Lowrie comes back you've got a SS and a true utility player. I think they've got to do something with Lugo; trade, DFA, something.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Send him on a long vacation with Dice maybe? ;-) That would work too. I think what worries me most is that this Front Office has had an inexplicable obsession with him since long before he even left Tampa. I keep telling myself they couldn't possibly... but I think I am afraid to believe it. =P

Ted D said...

From his lack of playing time and he's supposedly healthy, I'm pretty sure the bloom is off the rose of Lugo. I think they are just waiting to see if Lowrie is healthy before making some kind of move.

~**Dawn**~ said...

From your fingertips to God's ear, Ted! ;-)

Ted D said...

Dawn, I really wanted him to do well but I don't think it was meant to be.