CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

No, Son. We CAN'T buy one just for us.

The next door neighbor's little boy had his birthday party today, complete with a huge blow up water slide that caused all three of my kids, at various times today, to come up to me and ask for this to be their next birthday/Christmas present, whichever came first.

In the midst of all this I've got Josh Beckett pitching in Philly, Ang wondering why I'm running back home every 5 minutes and I had to change the battery on my phone on 3 separate occasions.

Whoever said being a Dad was easy obviously never had to multi-task.

Turns out the slide was far better than the game as the Sox lost 11-6, even though The Commander went yard in support of his own cause, Tito may have chosen his starting lineup with the old "Eenie Meenie, Mynie Moe" method, and Saito apparently let Jimmy Rollins know he didn't appreciate the Home Run earlier in the game with a good old fashioned fastball to the ribs.

One of these days I'm going to stumble across the secret formula on how to balance family life with an obsession with all things Red Sox. And when I do?

I'm retiring to some beach in the South Pacific where all I'll need is a satellite dish, the USA Today, and a hammock.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Pretty cool that Beckett hit a HR. Too bad about the loss, especially since the evil ones drilled the Mets. :(

Of course you should buy the water slide. Cousin Jerry will be right over.

Ted D said...

Sis, if you and Keith want to pitch in with some moolah I'll look into it. ;)

Stacy said...

Sorry, no extra moolah around here. :) Besides, our kids would probably have it torn to pieces in a matter of minutes.

Ted D said...

'Zactly.