CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling. Keep Rolling, Rolling Rolling.

Somewhere in the offices of the MLB Schedule Makers there is someone who hates me.

I have no other explanation for the fact the Red Sox have one more game left against the Nationals, followed by 3 against Atlanta and 3 more against Baltimore. All three teams JUST SO HAPPEN to be viewed by MLB as being in my home market. Meaning no DO and Dave Roberts but a steady diet of Rob Dibble, Chip Carey, and Gary Thorne.

All I need is Hawk Harrelson calling the White Sox and I'm in broadcast hell.

Tomorrow I'll get Miss Hathaway to fire off an expletive filled letter to Bud Selig demanding to know why in the name of all that is good and holy can I be five hours away from all three teams and still considered part of the home market. But for tonight? I'll just rejoice in the Sox taking Game Two by a score of 6-4 and hope Mariano can gack up the lead to the Braves and leave the MFY 6 games back.

However, I can't promise that after 9 games that sometime next week I won't be swigging straight out from a bottle of Johnny Walker Red and find out Uncle Bud has taken out a restraining order on me.

Seriously; how much is one man expected to take?

11 comments:

fla beck said...

You don't suffer alone,Ted. I don't even think the YES announcers hate the Sox as much as Dibble!

Ted D said...

Thanks, Becky! Dibble was driving me over the edge tonight!

~**Dawn**~ said...

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one Ted. I haven't noticed anything disagreeable about the Nationals broadcast. And you know how critical I can be. Considering I only get NESN for home games, I've listened to a lot of other announcers over the last 5 years & these two really don't bother me. I don't expect them to jump for joy when the Sox score runs but they have lavished praise on Green, Pedey, Youk, Lowell, Bay, Lester, Tek. (And for the record, I am not the only one who has noticed this: three of my friends have texted me saying the same thing!) They are a walk in the park compared to the Rays idiots. I would eat my hat if Staaaats & whoever that sidekick is this year ever said one nice thing about one Red Sox player let alone the entire team over two days.

On a somewhat different note, the Marlins announcers spent Sunday's game slurping all over the Sox...while the Marlins were playing the Yankees! It was hysterical. They were calling the game & then would go right back to talking about how the Sox compared to the Yankees & how awesome the Sox are.

Tex said...

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

LSU wins over UT!!!!!!!!!!!

WoooooooooooooooooooooT

HorshamScouse said...

I'm DVRing the ESPN rerun at my 4 a.m.
I'll watch it tomorrow. This evening is for mlb.tv archive of today's Sox game.

At least NZ's never in anyone's home market :)

Ted D said...

Dawn, Carpenter was very complimentary last night, but was condesending the night before about Papi's defense. And Dibble, and I qoute "Ooh, Papi's Back" was a total jerk last night.

Ted D said...

I also heard he was on his xm show blasting espn for being pro Red Sox. He's sort of gotten under my skin the last few years listening to him on the radio spouting off.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Ah, I must have missed when he said that. As for Papi's defense though, nothing at all against Papi, but when you've only played 3 or 4 games on defense in the last two seasons combined, I lower my expectations considerably, just to be fair to the player--I wouldn't expect Papi to even come out make half the plays Youk or even Kotsay can make at first, simply because they do it more often. I also don't listen to sports talk radio for the simple fact that all the hosts, guests *and* callers annoy the snot out of me. =P I would rather read someone's opinion than listen to it, personally speaking. It's just so easy to click that little red x if someone annoys me online. ;-)

Ted D said...

Dawn, when I travelled for work xm was a Godsend. And part of my problem is I'm bent I don't get NESN for nine straight games. ;)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hee hee. Ted is spoiled! Just be thankful your home market isn't Tampa. ;-)

Although you know what might make you feel better? I have friends right on the NY/CT border. Their cable only carries YES. When they subscribed to Extra Innings, they discovered that Extra Innings blocks out both the Yankees *and* the Sox games, because they are considered to be in the home market for both teams. They cannot even *pay* to see a Sox game on tv unless they're playing the Yankees or it's on FOX Saturday or Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN. Even the games on TBS, MLBN & ESPN midweek are blacked out.

Ted D said...

Dawn, I'll be the first to admit I'm spoiled.;) That is wild about your friends. MLB makes some really xumb moves at times.