CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

You Can't Always Get What You Want.

*Image courtesy of Yahoosports.com*

It wasn't the storybook ending most of us hoped for, but all in all?

Not half bad.

Smoltz went 6 innings, struck out 5, walked 1, gave up some bloop hits and 5 ER. He also hit 93 with his fastball, threw some nasty breaking stuff, and didn't make me reach for the TUMS.

Not bad for his first start in over a year.

To put in another light? I'll take what Smoltz gave us over any Daisuke outing this year that wasn't pitched in the WBC.

Sox take 2 out of 3 from the Nationals, on the road, and if they do that for the rest of the year Teddy is watching post-season baseball played at Fenway Park and Jeter is sitting on a beach in Mexico sipping a fru fru drink out of an umbrella.

I'll take that 7 days a week.

In other news, both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson passed away today. While this only reinforces my own mortality and reminds me I'm 39 years old motoring toward 50, I've had mixed feelings all day.

On the one hand, I'm sad anyone crossed over to the great beyond. And Farrah fought the good fight against cancer for a long time, so we all sort of expected it. Jacko is a different type of animal. There is no doubt he was a phenomenal talent who changed the music industry, MTV, and all of pop culture. And for that I give him his due.

He was also an accused pedophile with a mountain of evidence to back it up, guilty conviction or not.

OJ Simpson wasn't found guilty by a jury of his peers either.

As a Father I have a hard time finding any sort of sympathy for the passing of someone who molested children. Allegedly. I realize we have a judicial system and due process, but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and swims like a duck?

It's a freaking duck.

I don't want to diminish the fact that a very talented man passed away today. I'd just like for everyone to consider the fact that there may be innocent victims left behind that deserve our sympathy even more.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

Sox vs Braves tomorrow night.

It can't get here soon enough.

7 comments:

Ted D said...

Hey idiot! Jokes about kids being abused aren't funny. And neither are you. If you've got something to say about baseball or the post I left that's one thing. If you want to leave tasteless jokes about kids you can go pound sand where the sun don't shine.

Anyone who will joke about child abuse is sick. Even if you are retarded. And I'm not letting it happen here. I'll go to moderating comments and not letting any of your idiocy show up here if it means protecting children.

Your comments about this just show what a pathetic excuse for a human being you really are.

Rich in the Garage said...

To call Sean mentally retarded is truly an insult to the challenged people every where in this world.

Get some class, come back and see us.

Ted D said...

Rich, if he wants to talk trash about the Red Sox or me, I've got no problem. But Ciera reads it and I'm just not dealing with molestation jokes and his other junk. Life's too short and I'm old.

Rich in the Garage said...

I assumed as much sir.

He'd do well to have a draino and foil with his dinner. Do us all a favor.

Ted D said...

Moron, if you keep saying stuff I wouldn't let my daughter read I'm not posting them. You really are dense, aren't you? Post something halfway creative that doesn't sound like you're still in 6th grade (I have my suspicions) and I'll post it. In case you don't understand: This is my blog and I do it for enjoyment, not to put with some dink I don't know that is universally hated around the internet.

And don't worry; I lost brain cells reading yours and haven't been back for weeks. Besides, I don't want to give you the satisfaction of driving up your hits. But thanks for helping mine!

HorshamScouse said...

Good move, Ted.

Ted D said...

Evening, John. I'm too old to deal with some moron's nonsense. Hope all is well with you.