CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 10, 2009

LiveStrong is EXACTLY right.

*Photo courtesy of Kelly O and sittingstill.net*

8 innings. 8 K's. 4 hits. 2 walks. 115 pitches.

Sox win 1-0 in a pitchers duel between Lester and Brian Bannister (Hey. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then) that ended when Kotsay singled, Green bunted him to second, and the Munchkin drove one off the Monster to plate the run in the bottom of the 8th. Follow that with Pap being vintage Pap and the Red Sox stay in first place with a game that took less time than the average trip to the grocery store for Ang and the kids.

It was just on my screen less than 15 minutes ago, and I can't remember the particulars but I think that makes Lester a tad less than perfect and a smidge better than Sandy Koufax in his prime over the last 8 games.

At least that's my version and I'm standing by it.

Tomorrow, finally, it's not a FOX game which means I can get off work at 5 and still catch it all as opposed to getting home in the 7th inning and being subjected to Tim McCarver or, God help me, Kenny Albert braying like a donkey on meth while Jeannie Zalasko gives me updates from the studio with a hairdo Ray Liotta's wife in "Goodfellas" would envy.

Just the soothing sounds of Don Orsillo, The Eck, and Trot and Rakes yelling at "Batman Lego" on the PS2 in the background to carry me through.

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the window.....

Tomorrow I get to be the window.

2 comments:

Tree Newt said...

"or, God help me, Kenny Albert braying like a donkey on meth while Jeannie Zalasko gives me updates from the studio with a hairdo Ray Liotta's wife in "Goodfellas"

Bro, that was CLASSIC!!!! Enjoy the game tonight!

Ted D said...

I'm gonna try, Mattie.