CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm Fine. Really.

Ever been on a roller coaster? You know that part where you start off up that REALLY big hill and you've got that "Man, this is gonna be flipping awesome/I think I'm gonna throw up right on the head of that nice lady in front of me" feeling?

Today I'm on my way up; tomorrow I head down that hill into the second phase of my life. Not only is Ciera starting Middle School, Rakes is starting Kindergarten, Ang has her first day of classes at HER new job, (On a side note? I LOVE this woman. LOVE HER. But I'd repressed to the back part of her mind how she gets when she's got a deadline to make. Lead, Follow, Or Get the Hell out of the way comes to mind for some reason.) and I'm shuffling Trot all over creation to which Grandparent is keeping him on that given day.

My carefully controlled, OCDish, Iknowwhereeverythingis life is about to blow up in my face like Mount Olympus. And for some reason? I feel fine.

Maybe it's because I know we've raised Ciera to be the kind of young woman who thinks a clique is over rated. Or maybe, just maybe, a little part of me thinks Rakes is going to be a productive member of Kindergarten and not the second coming of Chuckie. And Trot, God Bless Him, is like a 2 foot version of Kramer; just point him in the direction he needs to go and he'll be fine.

Having my wife feel like a productive member of the working class and not a full time nanny doesn't hurt either. I haven't seen her this excited since I told her the baseball season was finally over.

Or it could just be the Yankees are gone and normal baseball resumes tonight when that whackjob in the picture I posted brings the other Sox to Fenway for a 4 game set. I love Ozzie Guillen; he's like that crazy cousin in your family that you're never sure what he's going to do or say, but you end up laughing your head off most of the time while he's around.

Whatever it is, I'm calm, cool, and collected.

Which is also what it's like in the eye of a hurricane.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

You've done a fine job convincing yourself all will be fine regarding school. I, on the other hand, am not the least bit excited about Cousin Jerry heading to middle school and the fact that Lib is a college freshman. Who said they could grow up so darn fast anyway? :(

Ted D said...

I thought so myself, Sis. Denial is my middle name.

And Libby can't be a freshman. That would mean I'm old and it's just not happening.

fla beck said...

Best wishes to all the Daltons as you embark on new adventures tomorrow!

Ted D said...

Thanks, Becky! It was wild getting them all off this morning but we made it. Hopefully it gets a little less stressful!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Heh. Eye of a hurricane. Just make sure any potential projectiles are tied down & secure. ;-)

Ted D said...

Dawn, anything is a projectile at our house. But we're good at ducking. ;)