CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When Push comes to Shove, my Money is on the Large Father.

*Image from Bostonsports.com*

Is it any coincidence that 3 of my good friends somehow win tickets in John Henry's seats, the Sox go down 3-0 in the first inning, Youk charges the mound like some drunk third baseman in a beer softball league, the Sox go up 6-3 and a thunderstorm of biblical proportions flares up resulting in a rain delay in the 7th innin?

Nah.

Youk got drilled for the 1, 027th time this year (I'm purely estimating, mind you.), decided he'd had enough and charged the mound, throwing his batting helmet like a dart for good measure. All this resulted in him getting tossed, and a few innings later Tito followed suit while having a gentlemanly discussion with the second base ump regarding JD getting thrown out trying to steal second.

At the Fens they are in a rain delay and I keep having the image of John Henry trying to convince the head ump to just call it already while Larry Luchino hollers in the back ground about all the beer sales they'll lose over the next 3 hours.

Whatever the outcome, I already got my money's worth. And hopefully Becks, Nan, and Susan feel the same.

All I know is I freaking love this game. And I love my friends.

And that can't be a bad thing.

No comments: