CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dream a Little Dream

I've never been real big on New Years Resolutions, mainly because I've usually blown them to pieces by the 10th of January. Another problem I've got with them is why do you have to resolve to change something on January 1st? Why not May 3rd or July 27th, or St Patricks Day? Anyways, I don't do resolutions.

Today at work though, I got to thinking about a Bucket List of things I'd really like to see or do before I die. I've tried to remember if I've done this before but seeing as how unless it's completely useless sports or movie trivia? My memory is worse than your average 2 year old so apologies if you've seen this before. However, since my memory is so bad I'm sure the list is now completely different.

I'm only going to list the top ten because I'm pretty sure my desire to eat fried clams until I hurl, make it ONE day without uttering the phrase "Trot; STOP THAT", and solving the timeless mystery of how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop should stay private.

10. Live long enough to see my children have children, whereupon I can play the doting Granddad and spoil them rotten, only to send Rakes home with Rakes Jr hopped up on Mt Dew, Skittles, and ice cream.

9. Take Ange on a vacation to Hawaii, just the two of us.

8. Go on a summer long tour of all the Major League ballparks with Josh and Jr. I'm pretty sure there would be an arrest, fight, or incident of taping Rich to a pole in the middle of nowhere before we finished it, but I'd sure like to give it a whirl.

7. Be able to get back to Boston at least once a year, every year, to see my friends and Fenway and the Red Sox until A. I die or B. Ange divorces me, whereupon I just move there anyways.

6. Go to the Superbowl and watch the Redskins win it all. Look, I know it's impossible but it's my bucket list so let me dream a little.

5. Somehow get a hold of enough money where I can pay off all my bills, save for all three kids college education, Ange and I retire, and I spend the rest of my days watching baseball, golfing, and taking my kids all over the world.

4. Be as good a husband and father to my family as my Pops has been to his.

3. I wanna go sky diving, Rockie Mountain climbing, and ride a bull named Fu Man Chu. Yes, I stole the line from Tim McGraw but still; it sounds pretty flipping awesome.

2. Walk my little girl down the aisle someday in the WAY distant future, actually like the little nitwit she's going to marry, and genuinely be as happy for her as she's made me every day of her life so far.

1. Somehow convince God to take me first. Because I honestly can't imagine walking through this world without Ange.

Oh yeah.

1A. Have the Red Sox win multiple World Series over the next 50 years or so while the Yankees endure a Bad News Bearsesque existence, never finishing higher than 4th place, the entire team contracting some hideous yet non-life threatening VD and the Steinbrenner boys going belly up over Orange Juice futures like those two old coots in "Trading Places".

Truck Day is coming, Truck Day is coming, Truck Day is coming......

19 comments:

Dani said...

That is a pretty awesome list.I hope you get to everything. I have also always wanted to visit all the ballparks in one summer. It's so nice to read about someone who loves is family more than anything and isn't afriad to tell everyone just how much :)

Ted D said...

Thanks, Dani. Appreciate you commenting!

Tex said...

When I visit, find a skydiving place and I'll go with you. Ive already did this and its AWESOME!!!

Good List. although Im not on it :(
;)

Amy said...

You got Josh really excited about the idea of taking a baseball road trip with you and Rich.

Ted D said...

Tex, you were on the list but I gave up on you ever coming. ;) And Amy, I would LOVE to do that someday.

Tex said...

GASP!!!!!!!
NEVER GIVE UP. Motto ONE

I just dont drive through NC on trips cos Im way over in BF Egypt.

Ted D said...

Sorry, Tex. But I'll believe you're here when your on my front porch.

fla beck said...

Re:#3-Scott can take you rock climbing and my brother is a jumpmaster-he can take you skydiving.

Re:#8-If you can pull off a JB/Jr.?Ted roadtrip without using a bail bondsman,becoming a fugitive or being sued you'll be ahead of the game. :)

Ted D said...

Becky, tell Scott I may take him up on it! And yeah, the prospects of the three of us on a cross country road trip is full of possible FAIL scenarios. ;)

Stacy said...

Great list, little brother. #1 is very sweet. You're letting your soft side show. Better follow this up with a manyly post of some sort. :)

Tree Newt said...

First off, the day YOU go skydiving the Eagles will get back together...oh, wait...

Second, I hope it all comes true.

Third, I'll go to Camden with you.

Ted D said...

I got one in the works about cage fighting, sis.

Ted D said...

Mattie, I COULD sky dive. If I was heavily sedated. And I'll do Camden anytime, bro. Anytime.

Rich in the Garage said...

8. Go on a summer long tour of all the Major League ballparks with Josh and Jr. I'm pretty sure there would be an arrest, fight, or incident of taping Rich to a pole in the middle of nowhere before we finished it, but I'd sure like to give it a whirl. //

In. Totally in. If I hit the lottery we'll leave ang and amy with 50k a piece for the summer and go nuts.

We're also getting a driver and a party bus for the duration of the tour.

Ted D said...

I like the way you think, Jr. Keep playing those lucky numbers my man.

Amy said...

Leaving Amy and Angie with 50K?

Ted D said...

IF he hits the lotto, and just for the summer, Amy. We'll be back. ;)

Rich in the Garage said...

Fine, 100K and a Porsche.

Ted D said...

You better be hitting the Powerball, Jr.