CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's All Gonna Be Alright

When it comes to my two boys, everyday is Saturday and every day occurrences that appear dull and boring to us normal people turn into a combination of Mardis Gras and Christmas. Don't believe me? The following happened approximately 41 minutes ago.

Due to the fact I've apparently contracted the worlds longest running sinus infection/ head cold I found myself at the kitchen sink using a Netty Pot.(now, if you've never experienced a Netty pot you're missing one of life's grossest, yet most effective treatments of a cold. 1 plastic tea pitcher, 1 pack of saline solution and 2 nostrils and you're partying like it's 1999.)

Sitting IN THE SINK next to me is Trot, gleefully giving a play by play of each pour of the solution to Rakes, the latter reclined on the couch next to his Mom giving a play by play account of him, his friend Ben, and why both of them got in trouble for A. Talking in line, B. Talking at lunch, and C. poking themselves with a pencil. I'm ignoring the fact that I'm pretty sure stabbing yourself with a pencil at the age of 6 is probably border line psycho and telling myself it's just a phase.

Trot sounded like Al Michaels yelling "Do you believe in Miracles!?!?!?" while Rakes was stuttering and stammering like Mel Tillis in "Cannonball Run" while Ange is in stitches, I'm trying not to laugh and keep the solution coming out my nose and not down my throat while Ciera is having a giggle fit in the chair.

We all may be headed to a soft padded room, but hey?

At least we'll go laughing, right?

5 comments:

Tex said...

Seriously....a sitcom you could have

The Rakes & Trot show

Tree Newt said...

Bro, that was classic! I have yet to experience the Netty Pot, but I hear it's the heat. Hope you're feeling better bro. I'm ready for spring, and I usually love winter. But we've all had a perpetual sinus infection this year, and it's getting right old. Praying for ya bro.

Ted D said...

Get me an agent, Tex. And Mattie? It was chaos.

Stacy said...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Casa de Ted. :)

Ted D said...

It's a wild scene, sis.