CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

More proof that all I'm doing isn't in vain.


I've watched the show "Survivor" since the beginning but sort of drifted away the past few years. I'd always admired people who could leave their families for 39 days, go off to some God forsaken place with no Internet, television, or running water. ( I don't even wanna think about how they go to the bathroom; I only use 2. Mine and my parents; I still can't figure out how I went to Boston for 5 days to years ago and didn't go. Maybe that old saying "Mind over Matter" really works.)

But primarily due to Boston Rob being back again, Thursday nights have turned into another Family Night at Casa de Dalton with me and the kids camped out on the couch together watching this seasons "Hero's vs Villains". It's actually be a lot of fun; me, Rakes, and Ciera getting all into while Trot stands on his head in the corner eating a sucker and singing the theme song to "Spongebob".

Tonight I got another insight into my oldest son, who up until now I thought was just going along with whoever I liked. During the Immunity Challenge, with it tied up 3 each and Colby on the line for the "Heroes" Rakes jumps up on the sofa and yells at the top of his lungs.....

"GO VILLAINS!!!!!"

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that a kid who was Darth Vader for Halloween and always roots for the bad guy to win would be rooting for the supposed bad guys. Honestly? If Rakes was alive in ancient Rome I'm fairly confident he'd be rooting for the Lions at the old ball yard on Sunday afternoons.

Thankfully this doesn't carry over to baseball; as I was putting him to bed and saying his prayers tonight he looked up at me with the most serious expression and uttered the following, which filled my heart with pride and made me tear up at the same time.....

"Dad? You know how I want the Villains to win on Survivor? I still want the Red Sox to kill the Yankees."

It's good to know that at least some of what I'm teaching him is getting through.

6 comments:

Tex said...

i have to tell you I was dreading reading the end of this post seeing where it could have headed.

Glad to hear Rakes at least keeps his baseball smarts out of the Villain arena

Ted D said...

No kidding, Tex. How do you think I felt?

Stacy said...

Master Yoda, you have taught the boy well where baseball is concerned. :) He knows those who are TRULY evil.

Ted D said...

Bound to hit one out of the park every now and then, Sis.

Rich in the Garage said...

Much to learn there is about good and evil. Glad I am he chose not the side of darkness.

Ted D said...

You're about the right size for Yoda, Jr. Just the wrong color.