CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

End of an Era.

Steinbrenner showed remarkable restraint after the historic collapse against the Red Sox in the ALCS. "I congratulate the Boston Red Sox on their great victory," Steinbrenner said. "I want to thank our loyal fans for their enormous support. Of course, I am disappointed because I wanted a championship for them and for our city. You can be assured, we will get to work and produce a great team next year."

  • "I don't believe in curses...wake up the d**n Bambino, I'll drill him in the a*s."
Pedro wins.

Rest in Peace, Big Stein.

If nothing else, you made it that much simpler to totally, completely, and without any feeling of remorse all the more easier to hate that team in the Bronx.

Somehow, someway you managed to get banned from the game TWICE, and once (In my best Scott Hall from the NWO days) FOR LIFE, and you still managed to get FOX, ESPN, the MLB Network, and pretty much everyone NOT a Red Sox fan to eulogize you like you were the Patron Saint of Baseball.

Keyser Soze would be proud.

3 comments:

Tex said...

Im sure once his body hits the dirt OSHA will have to come in and decontaminate the area

Sam Jackson's Lovechild said...

they are doing a moment of freakin silence at fenway next game.

im hoping for a solitary voice to yell something out

oh, and shout out to gorardi: great job, last night. :two thumbs up:

Ted D said...

Tex, you may be right.

And JB, you KNOW somebody is gonna yell something. And I thought the same thing about Girardi last night; I know he's trying to get everyone in, but man, was that some wishy washy handling of the 'pen.