CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Sox go to the land of Wally World.

Starting tomorrow, the Red Sox begin a 10 day road trip to the Left Coast and I'm trying to focus on the positives.

10 p.m. starts mean the kids are in bed by the time the game starts, I can actually watch "Deadliest Catch" on Tuesday night, the ballpark in Seattle is a thing of beauty and there's always a chance Sela Ward will be in Anaheim and the NESN cameras will find her.

Fact is, I'm just kidding myself. I'm gonna walk around the next week and a half with dark circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep, buy a book on how to curse in Japanese thanks to Daisuke, and have to explain to my boss why I'm falling asleep in a recliner at 1:30 in the afternoon.

Truth is, I'm sort of disposed to being a bit of a curmudgeon. Tack on no sleep, the Yankees on a roll, and the fact that despite my fondest wishes and most ardent of prayers Ken Harrelson hasn't been ran over by the A Train yet and I'm looking forward to this road trip about as much as I am in getting a prostate exam.

They go 8-2?

All bets are off.

3 comments:

Rich in the Garage said...

"yet and I'm looking forward to this road trip about as much as I am in getting a prostate exam."


...I'd like to point out that on our trip no ones prostates were examined BY ANY MEANS.

Stacy said...

A bit of a curmudgeon.......?

:)

Ted D said...

Thanks for pointing that out, Rich.

And I don't need any cheapshots from the bow, sis. ;)