CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You Don't Mess with a Winning Streak.

Tonight, while I grilled hamburgers and watched Trot and Rakes championship wrestle on the trampoline, I had an epiphany. Or it could have just been the 95 degree temperature combined with the 400 degree heat coming from the grill giving me hallucinations.

Whatever it was, the following went through my head.

The Sox go on a 10 day road trip and before Monday they had a record of 3-4 on the trip and were coming off a 4 game set in Seattle that sort of set the "2010 Suck Meter" record.

Sunday at church, Trot gropes his teacher. Monday, the Sox win.

Monday at Vacation Bible School Trot causes extreme havoc and Tuesday the Sox win.

Yesterday, he sets off the Fire Alarm causing mass panic and Wednesday the Sox win.

Today, he was sort of normal which is OK considering the team has the day off tomorrow.

Would it make me a bad Dad if I taught him how to say "The Seven Words You Can't Say On Television" by tomorrow?

'Cause the Tigers are coming to Fenway on Friday and I don't want to mess with the mojo.

8 comments:

Tex said...

I think Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor is a crime


but I think SG would be willing to pool together attorney fees for a SoxToberFest

Ted D said...

But is it really delinquency? But I appreciate the SG support, Tex.

HorshamScouse said...

The Tigers' road record is ~ .330 and if they lose Thursday they'll have lost 4 in a row.

Sounds set up for a Detroit sweep...

Need any help with Trot's education?

BB said...

if you're gonna teach him to cuss, might as well get it done right -
- bring in in professional, i'm currently unavailable at the moment, maybe josh b has some free time.

Stacy said...

He may know those words already. :)

I'm sure he'll come up with something on his own.

Ted D said...

Scouser, that is too good of a team to have that kind of record. Here's to hoping they wake up AFTER the weekend. BB, if I decide to go that route? You and JB are the first two I'll call. And sis? You may be right. ;)

fla beck said...

You know what Crash Davis said about streaks,Ted. I think you are on to something here. 2007 must have really been fun at your house! :)

Ted D said...

Every year is crazy here, Becky.