CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paging Dr. Freud.

Image courtesy of Kelly and www.sittingstill.net

With the Sox currently sitting in third place and about 6 games back, I'd hate to think of where we'd be without Adrian Beltre.

Yeah, we might not have had to deal with the busted ribs of few outfielders, Jacoby Ellsbury wouldn't currently be the whipping boy of a portion of Red Sox Nation, and Mike Lowell POSSIBLY could have played several games at third if a certain wrecking ball of a man wasn't signed in the off-season.

But we wouldn't have had his bat, his glove, and his hilarious aversion to anyone touching his head. Which was tweaked to perfection tonight after his Grand Slam when Marco Scutaro flipped his helmet off his head followed by V Mart gleefully rubbing said dome with Beltre chasing Victor into the dugout.

They may not be as boisterous as The Idiots of '04 but for sheer lunacy?

I'll take this group every time.

9 comments:

Tex said...

Anyone willing to send me bail money to Texas if I promise to rub Adrian's head while at the game? ;)

~**Dawn**~ said...

I think what drives *me* a little crazy about him is that he will make play after dazzling play...and then suddenly he will inexplicably pull a Lugo on a totally routine play. And I'm all.. "What the HECK was that all about?!" That is likely just my affinity for defense talking. I also admit that he isn't my favorite player (hey, we can't love them all! and nowhere near the feelings I had for E6)--and not because of the Lowell situation--but I do wholeheartedly appreciate his contributions & he is pretty entertaining.

Ted D said...

Tex, whatever you do DON'T touch his head.

And Dawn, I'm right there with you on the defense but he has turned into one of my favorite guys, mostly due to the fact that he looks like he might snap and decapitate somebody live on the field one day. Plus he may be the strongest player I've ever seen this side of Jim Ed.

sittingstill said...

I'm glad you mentioned Scutaro. He's not getting enough props as an enabler of this sort of thing. I'm always amazed by how often the guys on the visiting team come out to see him in warmups. Everyone seems to fond of him.

Ted D said...

Kelly, Scutaro definitely seems like the chief instigator in the whole thing. And he seems like a fun guy to be around.

BB said...

gimmie some cheese!

Ted D said...

Great. Now I've got TWO of them....

Rich in the Garage said...

I can has cheese?

Ted D said...

Three? THREE? How am I supposed to deal with THREE of them?