CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010. Part Duh.

Thanks to the fact the area I live in is bi-polar, half the people celebrated Halloween yesterday and the other half celebrated today. Which is all well and good, except for the fact my kids thought this was the GREATEST THING EVER and we did it TWICE.

Which is how I found myself wandering the neighborhood with my 3 kids plus 7 neighbor kids (Ironic considering one of the 7 had asked Ciera not that long ago why I was so grumpy. I told Ciera to say "Trot" and leave it at that.) as they pounded on doors and hollered at the top of their lungs.

Trot fell down 27 times, called some parent dressed up like a dummy "tupid" and actually went into the living room of some random senior citizen who had the poor sense to actually open the door for him.

Tomorrow morning about 7 pet owners will be scanning the yellow pages for "Pet Therapists" after Trot and Rakes met their beloved housemates, I'll have threatened for about the 20th time to throw all the candy away, and I'll spend the 3 hours Trot is at pre-school harassing the poor guy at Lowes about the latest in zip lock technology for the pantry and fridge.

I said it last night, but it bears repeating.

Thank God it's only once a year.

Or in this case, twice.

4 comments:

sittingstill said...

I'm still kind of blown away by the notion that folks reschedule Halloween.

Ted D said...

It's the South, Kelly. Weird doesn't begin to cover it.

Tex said...

its just our way of extending partying

Ted D said...

I blame your birthday for all this, Tex.