CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rakes and Me: At The Movies

Me: "Rakes, come here and watch Robin Hood with me."

Rakes: "Robin Hood? Where's Batman?"

Me: "Not Robin; Robin Hood."

Rakes: "Is Hood his last name? Where is Batman?"

Me: "It's not Batman, son. It's Robin Hood."

Rakes: "I KNOW it's Robin, Dad. Where is BATMAN?"

Me: (I realized at this point this is bordering on "Who's on First? territory) "Rakes, it's about Robin Hood. He stole from the rich and gave to the poor?"

Rakes: "Why'd he steal from Rich? He's your friend."

Me: (Wondering for the millionth time how I end up in this type of conversation on a daily basis.) "Rakes; it's a movie about a guy named Robin Hood who lived in Sherwood Forest and how he fought the Sheriff of Nottingham and had a girl friend named Marian."

Rakes: "I though the Sheriff was a good guy?"

Me: (Serenity now, Serenity now....) "Rakes. It's got bow and arrows, crossbows, spears, lots of fighting, and they ride around on horses. You'll like it; trust me. Now will you PLEASE just sit down and watch it?"

Rakes: "What's a crossbow?"

I've got a sinking feeling this is going to work out just about as well as the time I decided it would be OK for him to watch professional wrestling.

What could go wrong?

No comments: