CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 20, 2010

Up is Down and Down is Up.

My Mother in Law bought me Dennis Lehane's new novel "Moonlight Mile" for Christmas. But no matter how much I turn on the charm or beg or plead, she won't let me have it until Christmas.

Too lazy to go the library and too cheap to actually buy a new book, I'm reading Bill Simmons "Now I Can Die in Peace" for about the 3,694th time. Much to my amazement, I find something new each time I turn the page.

Tonight, I found this little blurb that not only made me smile, but in light of the Yankees chuckle inducing off season of missing out on Cliff Lee, Carl Crawford, AND Zack Greinke and due to the fact their biggest signs have been 41 year old Mariano Rivera and Jeets this is even MORE poignant.

Simmons, talking about Tom Gordon flipping out over Dave Roberts dancing off first base in Game 5 of the ALCS and giving up a single to Trot Nixon (regular readers know how much I love me some Trot) and causing Torre to bring in The Fruit Bat who then gave up a sac fly to Tek that tied the game:

"One of the most unfair blown saves. Then again, f*** him".

Other than the whole "One of the most unfair blown saves" thing, this was EXACTLY what I was thinking when it happened.

I have no idea how I'm making it through the next 4 months.

But the 2011 baseball season is gonna be one for the ages.

5 comments:

Tex said...

I HAVE to have a job to be able to pay for XTraInnings by then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really seeing how ordinary good hard working educated people can end up homeless.

This is going to be a great season.

Ted D said...

Tex, I'm thinking good thoughts for you. It'll happen.

HorshamScouse said...

ESF posted a countdown-to-opening-day clock on SG. Wonder if he's got a countdown-to-Tex's-next-job clock? :)

If someone offers you a job in New Zealand, take it!

Ted D said...

There you go, Tex. New Zealand!

Tex said...

Actually NZ is very progressive in their criminal justice realms: Restorative Justice is really big there and I wish it would catch on more here.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm