CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 31, 2011

For Amy. And Isaias. And Mom.

Sometimes, in the midst of my ranting about Trot peeing in the gas tank (hasn't happened yet, but I'm always fearful it will) or my worry Rakes will turn into Red from "Shawshank" (a guy who can get you anything you want for a price. He conned some kid out of $5 bucks and some Pokemon cards for basically a ball of lint so it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility) or driving myself nuts thinking about the day that punk shows up on my porch to take Ciera out on her first date, I forget there are some people out there who TRULY are dealing with some serious stuff.

Even though my Mom survived breast cancer and JB's Mom is fighting it now and so is an Uncle of mine, not to mention Mr. Andy I sometimes need a reality check about what is really important.

The little boy in the picture is named Isaias. His cousin is the wife of my brother from another mother. He was almost 10 years old when he died of cancer and he is the basis for Project Cupid, which Amy started last year. I'll let Josh speak now.......

"No doubt, Project Cupid is motivated by those we have lost, and for those that continue to fight against cancer. It is why we fight.

But for me, Project Cupid is about thanking all those folks that helped me and Amy get through the past couple years, when things just seemed to be impossible to overcome, when despair would come knocking, when it felt like we couldnt make progress. They enabled us to be able to fight. friends, family, complete strangers, twitter followers, random Red Sox fans, customers. Without them, Project Cupid would have never happened in the first place

So again this year, we give thanks to everyone that has helped us fight against cancer. We would love to see you come out for the event - this year is going to blow last year out of the water, in just about every respect. If you cant make it, and would still like to donate, please click on the link below. Even 5 dollars is helpful. But i know times are tough, so if you have a moment: just send a prayer, or send some PV's to those who are battling cancer, but also to those supporting them, to the families and friends. Every little bit helps."

Click on www.project-cupid.org to read more.

If you're in Boston this Friday night around 7 p.m., stop by Whiskey Park at the Park Plaza. Great items like an autographed Boston Celtic's team ball, a Dustin Pedroia 8x10, and a hockey puck from the Bruins are being auctioned off and great food, drinks, music, and a chance to hit Jr in the nether region are all being offered.

And if you see a guy that looks a little like Charles Manson wearing a suit standing next to a really pretty lady? Go up, say hello, and tell 'em Ted asked you to stop by.

And give 'em a hug for me while you're at it.

12 comments:

Rich in the Garage said...

Free hugs to anyone who reads Ted's blog.

For a 5 spot I'll get Josh to hug you.

Tex said...

I heard you

Ted D said...

Jr, you mis-understood me. THEY get the hugs; you get the kick in the marbles.

Back atcha, Tex.

Sam Jackson's Lovechild said...

I hug for nothing less than a 10 dollar donation



5 if youre really hot

Ted D said...

You're incorrigable.

Sam Jackson's Lovechild said...

im in-corgi-able

Ted D said...

::Boo::

Tex said...

so who do I get the free hug from?

Ted D said...

Apparently, Amy. Or Tek if he shows up.

Amy said...

Thanks Ted. I really appreciate it. We love and miss you very much :)

Cindy said...

I heard you too, Ted.

Ted D said...

Love ya'll too. ::waves:: at Cindy. ;)