CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Praying for Opening Day

One minute they're babies and before you know it she's 12 going on 50, he's rattling off about trading some kid on the bus 2 quarters and a Mexican nickle for a John Cena action figure, and you're REALLY starting to get concerned that HE is headed down the Road to Perdition.

All of a sudden I'm in the Twilight Zone; Ciera is officially grown up (This may have happened six months ago and I'm just now accepting it. This happens more than you think when you are a parent.), Rakes is a 7 year old shucker and jiver who has more trades, exchanges, deals, and near deals than your average NYSE employee and Mafia enforcer combined, and Trot just merrily marches his way through life leaving a trail of Goldfish crackers and mayhem in his wake.

And as much as I gripe about it? I wouldn't have it any other way.

Like the commercial says; Life comes at you fast.

Less than 30 days until pitchers and catchers report and I can crawl back into my hole of self-denial and avoidance.

5 comments:

Tex said...

Enjoy the noise cos the silence when they're gone will be deafening

Stacy said...

She's not "officially" grown up yet, it just feels like it.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the boys, though. :)

Ted D said...

I will, Tex. Although it's tough sometimes. ;) And Stacy, she's grown. Maybe not all the way up but she's close.

~**Dawn**~ said...

26 days & counting.

That Mayhem part? Just reminded me of the AllState commercials. LOL!

Ted D said...

26 days. Yes.